OSNN.net Adventurer
doh.....lol my 20 gig maxtor drive not 20 maxtor drives as ou well know :p

ming

OSNN Advanced
I was thinking that. lol. Had to be sure you didnt mean 20 HD's. :p

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
I have used Conner, Maxtor, Western Digital and IBM.

My worst experiences are with IBM Death Stars...
errrrrrrrr, Desk Stars.

My old Conner's were bullet proof. I still have one, a 40 megabyte and it works. Now that is old.

Maxtors and Western Digitals all the way. Got three (3) machines with two (2) Maxtors in one, a Maxtor in another with the refurbished IBM and a Maxtor and a WD in the third. They just hum... Now IBMs on the other hand have been a piss pain. I buy a 40 Gig and it dies in less than a year. RMA and got another one. Mean time I go and buy newer one, same size, and it dies a year and a month later. I have a programmer friend, he set up a four IBM HDD Raid Server and in a years time two of his drives died. IBM sucks donkey crack. RMA is very good though. Fill out form online and mail HDD in. Get back another one. Only peeve is replacement is a referbished part. Oh and all these IBMs are Desk Stars. Hence, Death Stars.

Strange thing the referbished HDD is runnin like a timex now, just goin and goin. Strange.

Good luck Mainframeguy.

Aussie983

ßµ®ηiή Şiliςδη
i must be lucky...i've NEVER had a hard drive fail on me

my old 3.5 gig hd from my first P200 MMX pc still works

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordov130