Really good Leopard Review

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
The Leopard Review from Ars. Technica of Mac OS X Leopard is by far one of the most extensive and impressive reviews of anything I have ever read.

If you are wondering what Apple's been up to since Tiger this is the place to learn it.

I have to say I find all of his comments on the Apple UI changes to be pretty much spot on.

Here's hoping that CandyBar 3 will be out soon

I was just reading through this piece yesterday, before making a trip to the 5th Ave Apple Store with some friends.

Siracusa's reviews are always great (I remember his 21-page Tiger review) because he dives into the guts of the system rather than glossing over the superfluous stuff like the rest of the media publications do. And he avoids the usual mud-slinging, which is always refreshing. :)

My Leopard arrived today :D

I know what I'll be doing this weekend :p

Wow, that was a great read.

I just installed Leopard, and I wish I could make the top menu bar non-transparent.

I am hoping for apps to make the menu bar opaque and change the folder icons. Theres no reason for gratuitous transparency. The only app I make semi-transparent in Tiger is Terminal and thats just cause sometimes its helpful to have a big Terminal window but still read stuff from Safari underneath

You can, if you use Vista :cool:

I tried Vista, and it blows chunks. Leopard is VERY fast and responsive, even on the older machines, my dad installed it on his iBook G4 with a 1 Ghz processor, 512 MB of ram, and a ATI 32 Mb built in graphics card, and it is running faster than Mac OS X Tiger.

Windows XP -> Windows Vista == Slow down extreme.

Sorry, Vista is not an answer. I will live with the annoying transparent menu bar, rather than switch to another OS.

I tried Vista, and it blows chunks. Leopard is VERY fast and responsive, even on the older machines, my dad installed it on his iBook G4 with a 1 Ghz processor, 512 MB of ram, and a ATI 32 Mb built in graphics card, and it is running faster than Mac OS X Tiger.

Windows XP -> Windows Vista == Slow down extreme.

Sorry, Vista is not an answer. I will live with the annoying transparent menu bar, rather than switch to another OS.

Defensive much? :cool:

Btw, the taskbar in vista turns opaque when you have applications maximized :cool: But remains transparent if allowed to do so when applications are windowed or there are no windows active and instead all reside on the startbar.

:cool:

Yay...

Geffy was telling me how much he liked vista in the pub this evening ;)

Yeah the pen input feature ;) tis so far the only feature of Vista I like. Mainly I wish they had some kind of tech compatibility mode so that you could actually freaking find things :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back