Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard Review

RonStarusnak

OSNN Junior Addict
Razer Tarantula

I recently bought this keyboard off of eBay, and I can say it was a good buy. The keyboard is wired but that is something I was looking for, most of the other keyboards I have had were all wireless and their range was very limited, so when I picked this up it only felt like an upgrade in that since, not a downgrade. The razer keyboard is very stable, it stays in one spot and there are 8 programmable keys (4 on each side). These are the only keys that have back lighting, I would have liked to see the entire keyboard with backlighting but it really isn't a problem, this is a gaming keyboard and if you need to look at your keys while you're playing--chances are you're not going to do very well.

The response time on the keyboard is actually notably different, I did not think it would make any different but the Razer Tarantula has built in virtual memory for processing and memorizing your macro'd keys. One thing that will take you a day or so to get used to is the keys. They are about a full key to the right of normal keyboards and I kept messing up when I first started using it. I was almost fed up and was about to go back to my old keyboard but I pushed through and I got used to it, I can say that the location of the keys, the size and general quality or them helps a lot. I feel like I can type faster with this keyboard, meaining my previous keyboards were limiting my 'skills'.

Break Down:
Quality : Excellent
Weight : Great On the heavy side but that's good for desktop gaming, this will not move on ya if you don't want it to move.
Price : Moderate This is a little on the high side for price; I got mine for 50% on eBay and it was brand new.
Over View: If you are a serious gamer or even a casual gamer I would reccomend picking this keyboard up, I don't regret it and it was definately worth it.

You can pick up your own at their website: http://www.razerzone.com/p-5-the-razer-tarantula-gaming-keyboard.aspx

the three things you use most (screen, keyboard, mouse) are also the things people seem afraid of spending the $$$ on. Yet stuff you don't touch (cpu) people will drop a grand on...

that is so true... i have tons of friends with quad cores who still use their old crts and 5$ optical mices

Yep, I am using a cheaper mouse too though, I like it. I had a few wireless but again I hate them, they just mess up too much.

the three things you use most (screen, keyboard, mouse) are also the things people seem afraid of spending the $$$ on. Yet stuff you don't touch (cpu) people will drop a grand on...

Totally true, but then again, I have been using the same wired microsoft keyboard for like 7 years, love it. But if i do get a new one it might be a razer.

that is so true... i have tons of friends with quad cores who still use their old crts and 5$ optical mices

well if you can get a CRT that'll do >85hz at 1920x1200 or higher you'll get a better balanced picture but you'll need to park a tank under your desk to keep it from snapping in half :D

haha... yeah, crt's can be good, but what i wanted to say was that they upgrade their pcs and keep their old monitors (which by now must be like 8+ years old, lol)

oh, btw, bman.. MS keyboards may not be aimed at gamers (except the reclusa), but they're still pretty good quality
i use them cos my deskspace is too limited for a gaming keyboard, zero complaints :)

something tells me that guy is not going to win at his current rate of posting useless comments that indicate he didn't really read the thread...

haha... yeah, crt's can be good, but what i wanted to say was that they upgrade their pcs and keep their old monitors (which by now must be like 8+ years old, lol)

oh, btw, bman.. MS keyboards may not be aimed at gamers (except the reclusa), but they're still pretty good quality
i use them cos my deskspace is too limited for a gaming keyboard, zero complaints :)

Yea not aimed at gaming, but for sure good quality. I have the old Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A, simple and nice, and still working great.

Awesome look.....

tarantula_LRG7.jpg

tarantula.jpg

RazerTarantula.jpg

something tells me that guy is not going to win at his current rate of posting useless comments that indicate he didn't really read the thread...

What do you mean? I can't give myself rep, I have no reason to get more than 21 posts. I'm just posting normally, I'm not trying to write an essay. Sorry if you feel I'm not contributing to the topic.
Awesome look.....

tarantula_LRG7.jpg

tarantula.jpg

RazerTarantula.jpg

thats what I have

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back