Random unknown user?

zapoqx

Striking Master
I've noticed that I had a couple of folders on some of my drives that has been around for a long while that has some sort of user setting from an unknown user. Some folders date back to way before my re-formats under XP.
I read somewhere about due to the NTFS that its a security thing and possibly from my old user accounts from back then.

Is there a possible way to remove them?

ZeroHour

ho3 ho3 ho3
Just remove them as you would. Basically yes its due to the wipes without full formatting etc and the code is the unique guid of the old user account

zapoqx

Striking Master
ok. Unfortunately, I'm not able to. The only thing I can think of is use a linux live disk and remove them.

ZeroHour

ho3 ho3 ho3
ok. Unfortunately, I'm not able to. The only thing I can think of is use a linux live disk and remove them.
Do you get an error or?
What OS are/were you running?
A live CD definitely should not be needed as I have reset ACLs tons of times using windows.

zapoqx

Striking Master
ya. The Live disk shows me whats in there and they are useless stuff. I thought I deleted it with a linux live disk, but apparently it just transferred them to a .ds.trash folder which since I'm not as proficient with linux, I assume its the linux version of a recycle bin.
I don't know exactly how to take ownership back from one that is there already.
Also, I'd say it had to be XP. The only other thing I could think of would be is if it was during my Vista days and all the issues it gave me with my video card and I had vista and XP dual booted.

And its the error where it says "You don't have permission to access this folder"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel