Ram Compability

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
I have 256 PC2100 RAM Is it possible to add now PC2700 RAM and it will work until i buy another 2700 ram and through the old one ?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by luish
I have 256 PC2100 RAM Is it possible to add now PC2700 RAM and it will work until i buy another 2700 ram and through the old one ?
like the previous post said :)

basically when you have 2 different types of ram in a system... they will only run @ the speed of the slower component... :) unfortunately such is the nature of hardware..

Re: Re: Ram Compability

Originally posted by Sazar
like the previous post said :)

basically when you have 2 different types of ram in a system... they will only run @ the speed of the slower component... :) unfortunately such is the nature of hardware..
..... admit i beat you to it.

Taurus

hardware monkey
Originally posted by Iceman
well only if the motherboard accepts pc2700 Ram, if it doesn't you probably will have problems
what do you mean? there won't be any problems with running pc2700 in a pc2100 capable motherboard.

oh, luish... what kind of board do you have, anyway?

Iceman

OSNN Veteran Addict
what I mean is if the motherbaord only accepts PC2100 Ram, and he put's PC2700 Ram in there he could run into problems, plus it makes no sense cause it will only run at PC2100 speed anyway.

Taurus

hardware monkey
what kind of problems? i've never heard of such a thing. friend of mine has been using pc2700 in his pc2100 board for months now. he got pc2700 cuz it was the same price at the moment where we got it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel