• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PSU recommendation

OK so i was searching thro the forums and i finally foudn that post with the list of how much Watts each pc part takes...and i calculated it according to the pc im geting in the future and i found out all i need is 287W which i already have...and it doesn't make sense b/c i thought i would need more...heres my future specs

2400+ athlon xp
ecs k7s6a (Cheapo)
gfx 5600
512 RAM
20GB HD
40GB HD
floppy
48X CDRW

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
300w power supply should be good. Though in order to have room for further expansion use something thats 350+ watts. A good power supply is always a good investment.

JJB

B

Bronx Bomber

in my opinion, get a nice and powerful one, with a big(but quite) fan. If you leave your computer on a lot, i would get a higher wattage one. for example i leave my computer on for days at a time when im downloading something big, so i got a 420Watt psu. but maybe thats a little bit of overkill.

400 watts for $20?! There must be a catch. And there is:

+3.3V -> 20A Orange
+5.0V -> 40A Red
+12V -> 12A Yellow
+5VSB -> 2A Purple
-5V -> 0.5A White
-12V -> 0.8A Blue

Only 12A on the +12V rail.

Read this power supply guide.

My Antec True430 has an overall output of 430 watts, and has 20A on the +12V rail. I wouldn't go any less than 15A on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal