• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PS2 network connect thru wireless laptop?

peteRok

OSNN One Post Wonder
FIRST POST!!

Tried googling this but didn't come up with much.

I'm thinking of getting a network adapter for my PS2 but a major sticking point is whehter I'll need to run a long arse cable from my router in the other room to the PS2.

The alternative im thinking of is using my 'wireless connected laptop' as a switch so I can route my PS2 thru the 802.3 ethernet port and out the 802.11b wireless to the intarweb. Has anyone tried this before either with the PS2 or XBox Live? I'm a little weary of this because I've heard that running two network devices in the same computer doesn't work :dead:

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
two nics in one machine not a problem - dunno what you heard , but if you know what you are doing this is commonplace - people do it so that they can stay online while they invite a friend (or maybe even their lappie) to join in via another network connection - hell my mobo even has two! You should nto let a cable hold you up - it wil be superior to wifi also - up to you at the end of the day - just go for it - I have to file this post now before your avatar induces the latent epilepsy here.... :p

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix