Proxy Authentication Error

S

Stumpy

I'm on a windows XP proffesonial machine and i'm connecting to a domain on a SBS NT 4 server...

Now outlook loads fine, and i can use the mail server ...

My internet works fine...

BUT

When i try to use my "hotmail" account from Outlook , it hangs then claims that i "need to authenticate with proxy server"

:(

Why is this not working?

Thx

It's probably because hotmail uses SSL, and your network is running a proxy and such so it's keeping your info from the hotmail servers.

You'd have to get your proxy info from your network admin and plug it into the connections, proxy section of your explorer internet options.

*Bump*

Ok , i've tried messing with every setting i can find , and it turns out its not just hotmail that won't work in outlook.

Yahoo pops up a password box (to which i enter my usual login) then it connects

Copernic Pro (search tool) won't work, errors updating then errors seaching , then tells me i need to proxy auth

And the hotmail problem in outlook is still there...

I really need to know how to set this up on XP proffesional , i don't know why its not working too ... I did a clean install

Could it be something on the SBS (NT4) that is set wrong for my user account?

Have you made sure everything in IE under tools, internet options, connections, lan settings, proxy is correct?

Yes i'm sure it is ... the name of the proxy is called "sadserv" and thats in the i.p box, and the port is 80 ... the internet itself works fine , i.e IE goes everywhere you want it to , no problems with that...

Try putting in the actual IP of the server, also make sure that you don't need a separate username or PW, as I said you might wanna contact your network admin.

that will be because the Proxyserver that you are connecting through only allows connections through one port, this is the reason that MSN, IRC and other things like it dont work. You will have to either connect to the net via a modem of your own, or connect to hotmail using the internet method, as opposed to through Outlook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back