Prolem with Linksys Wireless Router?

i got Linksys Broadband wireless router. I fixed it in sitting room that is round 15meters away from my room. but im having really low signals. I got laptop and wireless adaptor. is that problem with router setting or its due to my wireless adaptor? coz i didnt try it with different adaptor... but i tried with my psp but again low signal on that as well....
can any1 plzzz help me out ???:cry:

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
are there any obstructions from where you sit with the laptop and where the router is? Obstructions as in walls or what not.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Might not be a bad idea to walk around with your laptop too, test the signals in other areas of your establishment. This could help you pinpoint possible components of interference that celticfan was referring to.

not enough obstacles jst a couple of walls. yup i tried to move my laptop. when i go nearer signals become stronger. but i think its my adaptor but not pretty sure thats y im not buying new adaptor. first want to make sure that it is adaptor or not

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
what kind of walls are they? Brick? Reg sheet rock? Is there metal in the walls? If hte signal goes through a few walls then it is not uncommon for the signal to be low. Depending on what type of wall it is.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Also can be sure you have the latest firmware for your router and the latest driver for your adapter.

its jst bricks walls... obveiously wher every u put router ther ll b walls in da way otherwise no point to use wireless adaptor... i got one at another place but dat is workin properly more then this distance. i kept router at third floor n was wrkin properly at ground level...

i tried changin channel but no effect. then i bought new pcmi WAN card for my laptop but still same problem. so finally dat meanz there is problem with Linksys router.
now can any1 plz tell me how to fix this problem?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Have you verified the firmware is up to date?

Also, if it is under a year from the purchase you can call Linksys for support and they may replace it if they deem there is something wrong with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99