• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

program to remove unmoveable files?

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
Dunno about a program, will look around.

But, another way:

Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open. Close all open programs. Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE Go to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe. Leave Task Manager open. Go back to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or other un-deletable file) is located in. At the command prompt type DEL <filename> where <filename> is the file you wish to delete. Go back to Task Manager, click File, New Task and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell. Close Task Manager.

Originally posted by xsivforce
Dunno about a program, will look around.

But, another way:

Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open. Close all open programs. Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE Go to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe. Leave Task Manager open. Go back to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or other un-deletable file) is located in. At the command prompt type DEL <filename> where <filename> is the file you wish to delete. Go back to Task Manager, click File, New Task and enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell. Close Task Manager.
That's what I use too ... works most of the time.

I use a utility that deletes selected files on the next reboot... it's GIPO@MoveOnBoot.

go here to download it... you can download the free version.. v 1.9.5... or download the latest one... v 2.7... which is a 30 day trial.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies