boot_hill374

OSNN Junior Addict
When I try to access empty cds on the above device I get

E:\Is not accessible

Incorrect function.

The device is fine with pre-recorded cds and dvds???:devious:

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
You can not "access" an empty CD. You either need to burn something to it or format it with InCD or an equivalent. InCD and it's variants come with Nero, Roxio, built into Windows on latter service packs. These programs must be installed to work, and they may have been omitted when you installed your burn software.

To verify the drive recognizes a DVD/CD blank and can work with it Nero (and probably Roxio) have utilities to check the blank. Or you can download freeware that will read a blank, I think CDINFO or DVDINFO is one name.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
It depends on what boot_hill meant by "access". Since you covered the hardware aspect I threw in the software side. One of us should have gotten the answer. :)

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User
it does that here with my new dvd drive, obviously you can access a raw fs till its burnt or formatted, trying to do too much here, so not paying attention, naughty me :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut