Prey

Oh dear, the Strogg probably wouldn't be happy about this :D

Would be interesting if the two races met each other with their respective technologies.

My personal review of this game.
I play the odd game, always been a halflife fan. Halflife has plenty of jaw dropping originality, and Prey is no different. There are moments in the game that make you doubletake, alot of.. how did they do thats.

The clever gravity defying elements of the game is something i have never seen before in a video game. Although I am sure it has been done before, kudos to the developers for making a 2006 game so unique and one of a kind.

The only thing I can't stand about the game is the storyline. A native indian tired of living on the reserve, loving a girl who isnt tired of traditions and wants to stay on the reserve and hopes to convince tommy to do the same... it's almost as though.. the game writters needed an excuse to craft up a spirituality element to the game... i can get over that. what i cant get over is how .. all throughout the game the guy keeps asking wheres jenn, what are they doing to jenn, i have to find jenn. all this while 20 foot beasts attempt to obliterate him. A girlfriend would be the last thing on this guys mind.

Take away the spirituality and the native american thing.. and your left with a doom like experience.. an unexplained entrance to an alien world.. a pretty linear run through the story line.

The boss man style fighting is pretty oldschool and thats pretty freakin cool.
other than that.. i agree with all the gamesites ranking this one so high. it is certainly a keeper.... minus the bad story line.

:)

I dunno Jimi, I kinda liked the story-line.

It was just cheesy enough to work :D

The opening scene with you beating up those 2 guys frames Tommy in the eyes of the player.

The graphics are very good, much better than the crap that was Quake 4. The interiors also looked different than the Doom-esque interiors of Quake 4.

Gameplay was interesting, although some of the puzzles could have been done away with. Still, it was a good game all around :D

The weapons were quirky and the HUD could have identified the weapons better, but the movements and the sounds and the feel were great. The spirit walk element was awesome though I do wish there were more things the spirit could do :( Would have been ace with a melee mode with a tomahawk for example.

Some of the lines were also brilliant i.e. when the room goes all dark near the end and Tommy says "I'm doomed". That was classic lol.

It was not a Half-Life-esque game and yes, it was relatively short, but not as short as Episode One and the gravity elements and puzzles kept it fresh enough.

4/5 OSNN stars. Prey is recommended.

did quite enjoy the demo on xbox360, not sure if i will buy the full version yet though.

i think the commentary from him was my favorite thing about the game (didn't play through it yet though). just funny when you start using the portals and the parts where you walk on the walls and stuff like that.... and Tommy was like "oh my god.... i think i'm gonna.... *gag*"

Just finished the game. This game is worth the purchase if anything for the multi. I liked the end and it set things up for prey 2 after the credits.

i think the commentary from him was my favorite thing about the game (didn't play through it yet though). just funny when you start using the portals and the parts where you walk on the walls and stuff like that.... and Tommy was like "oh my god.... i think i'm gonna.... *gag*"

The first time you go into one of the rooms you can flip the grav in, if you do it often enough, he will barf ;)

im playing on amd 4400 x2 dual core 64 bit, 2 gig of ram, 160 gig sata hd ,7600gt nvidia 256mb card .and game play is excellent graphis are amazing

Prey is really a cool game , I am romping through it and just eating it up..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back