• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

portableapps

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I have used most of those apps from that website for awhile now on my 1GB stick. Works great, easy to use. Not sure what you mean by U3?

I have used most of those apps from that website for awhile now on my 1GB stick. Works great, easy to use. Not sure what you mean by U3?
U3 is a company and U3 drives have special U3 software on the sticks other than the portable application you are wanting to use.

I'm too lazy to type out a better explanation so I'll point you to wikipedia for a general idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U3

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Having Firefox on your thumbdrive is awesome when you get to those computers with IE6 on them and no one wants to change it lol Plus antivirus on the go, so forth. Very cool!

I love portable apps, I use it all the time. In fact, I'm using it now to write this post with Portable Firefox.

I have found it best to disable caching to disk with Portable Firefox, and just use a temp memory cache to improve efficiency.

Definitely recommened it !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies