Port Forwarding Help

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I have been trying to get certain mobile applications to work for awhile now. Connecting my phone to my home network. Some work just fine when there is a server app running, but more of the complex ones need you to port forward.

Right now I am trying to get the Plex media server to work with my Android phone. I can't get a static ip, so I setup DynDNS. That is as far as I got, I have no clue how to portforward my dyndns address, my WRT54G only allows of forwarding to 192.168.1...... addresses, so I am a bit confused. I know I am not understanding a part somewhere, I just cant.

I have read the tutorials on the plex site and dyndns site but no help.

Ideas, help! Please & thanks.

chastity

Staff member
Political User
Usually forwarding a port you use the address of the system you want to port to point to on your network. All dyndns does is track your internet ip for changes since as you mentioned you don't have a static ip

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Yea almost exactly after posting this, I figured out which IP I should be entering into the section in the router. The 2 things I have been trying to do for ever are now working.

Now I see how I did it, quite simple, but before it was extremely complicated lol I am in school to get my A+ I am glad I figured it out, I forgot about internal and external IPs lol

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut