• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Please! God! How to keep My Documents subfolders from respawning. Please Help!

rtravers

OSNN One Post Wonder
I'm using XP and I'm desperate. The subfolders under My Documents, how do I keep them from respawning. It seems as though almost every time I install a new app it creates a new one! I've tried everything I can think of with no results. Other than frustrating ones.

Is there a way to delete the f@#ckers once and for all! Please e-mail me! rtravers@resitek.com

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is a first time post to this service. If I sound twitchy or uncooth, I apologize.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
My Pictures, My eBooks.

I just know when I am beaten :)
There are tools to change these paths and you could get them changed to the %USERROOT/MY Documents folder or something similar.
Does TweakUI do that?

rtravers

OSNN One Post Wonder
The folder that keep respawning are as follows:

Adobe
Corel User Files
My DVDs
My eBooks
My Music
My Pictures
My PSP8 Files (?)
My Videos
NeroVision

Some of those are being created by your applicaiton program installs. Selecting advanced install instead of standard may let you keep some of them from re-appearing.
Adobe
Corel User Files
My PSP8 Files (?)
NeroVision

Some are part of windows. The windows ones can all be changed to dump your stuff into the My-Documents root like Punk said. I'll go look for a utility to change these with.
My eBooks
My Music
My Pictures

Not sure on these:
My DVDs
My Videos

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix