PlayStation 3 to Change E3

There probably will be changes...I'm quite certain the PS3's controller will change :p

onimkron said:
Edit: Is there any chance of the PS3 or even the Revolution changing (aesthetic-wise) before it's actually released? Some changes were made to the DS last time around.
The Revolution was said to be a protype and also said to be still under devopment with the final product smaller. ;)

A couple days old but interesting to any PS3 fans I would think ... here are 3 quotes by company president Ken Kutaragi ...

We're looking at a life cycle of 10 years with the PlayStation 3.
So no more playstations for 10 years?
I'm aware that with all these technologies, the PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards households. I think everyone can still buy it if they wanted to.
and then ...
I'm not going to reveal its price today. I'm going to only say that it'll be expensive.

Quotes stolen from here.

The price of this system will definitely be a major obstacle to the everyday person. If he says it is expensive, it will probably be $400+? Because it is highly unlikely that it will going to be in the $300-$400 bracket.

I think longer life cycles are not a bad idea, although we're part of a generation that's used to new consoles every 5 years or so. I think we're going to have to get used to the idea that, in many ways, we've hit the end of video game technology. We're now going to be fast enough and powerful enough to make anything we want.

Melon

Long Life Cycle only if the thing winds up being upgradable or modular in some fashion. CPU upgradable, graphics upgradable, etc... Then I can see it staying for 10 years as the technology improves. Otherwise how do they expect to be competative with any other console that comes out with better hardware and graphics?

gonaads said:
Long Life Cycle only if the thing winds up being upgradable or modular in some fashion. CPU upgradable, graphics upgradable, etc... Then I can see it staying for 10 years as the technology improves. Otherwise how do they expect to be competative with any other console that comes out with better hardware and graphics?

I think Sony said this on the assumption that their competitors would probably have 10 year cycles themselves. And since Microsoft, in particular, probably won't cooperate, I'm sure we'll end up with another console in five years or so.

Melon

I agree that games have hit the wall so to speak, current hardware provides the best A/V experiance that you can get, games will have to move in another direction for the next jump.

I mean, with a large widescreen or goggles, surround sound, interactive (AI) games, feedback interface, and multiplayer, we are at the limit of a artificial experiance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back