Plasma Mounted Mac Mini

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Quite genius really, not all that creative, but it's a good idea to hide it out the way. I'm not overly sure if the guy will run into heating problems at any point, but it's pretty cool to have your Mac hooked up to a 42" Plasma screen (even is the resolution is hideously low :p) and completely out of sight :)

icon1.gif
Link: http://www.nodrm.com/index.php?p=104

I would never do that even tho its a cool idea. People these days are trying to do anything with there mac mini.

TittleBitties said:
I would never do that even tho its a cool idea. People these days are trying to do anything with there mac mini.
Any reason why?

And of course people are trying thing's with the Mini, they're never had such an accessible tiny computer before (Mini-Itx's have never really been mainstream).

SPeedY_B said:
Any reason why?

And of course people are trying thing's with the Mini, they're never had such an accessible tiny computer before (Mini-Itx's have never really been mainstream).

Well cause of heat issues and the screen resolution wouldnt be any good cept if u were to have movies full screen. I have my tv as another monitor but only to play movies that i have on my hard drive. The resolution is crap to use it as a regular screen.

I would rather have the mini out in the open. It's not like it's ugly or anything and if I would have mounted it in the back I would have done it on one of the sides since having to get all the way to the back of the tv just to put a disc in or to turn it on seems rather stupid and then instead of just reaching in to the nearest side I have to reach to the middle of the tv???

most mods seem like they make things easier to use or cooler looking. seems like it made the mini non existant and harder to get to.

but hey it's interesting...i guess?!?!

NetRyder said:
The picture on the screen looks terribly stretched out. :D
Not to mention awfully yellow/gold. That's crappy Plasma for you though. Stretching may be because of the low res (usually 8**x*** on large screens like that) and the Mac's likely to be putting out 16:10, rather than 16:9. :)

hhmmmmmmmm it could be cool to do it for a while, just to say you did it, but... I don't think I'd keep it like that, just as a personal preference point of view-esque thing.

(Now if I had that with my G5..... *gargles on drool* )

Must be nice to have the $ to mess w/ 2 pieces of expensive hardware like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back