Placebo

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
I stumbled upon this band a few days ago. At first i was very skeptic about the first and only song i heard. So like most cd's b4 i buy em, i download them (To make sure its good). I read a lot of great reviews of the newest cd "MEDS", well once i got my hands on it, i cant get enough!!!! So like the good guy i am, i did go buy it because its a great cd and a great band! Does anyone else like this band, i read they are from England, this band could go far in the US!!!!!!!

Placebo have been around for ages, you probably know more of their music than you think you do. Am currently really digging Infra-red.

Songs you may well know
Pure Morning
Special K
Protege Moi aka Protect Me From What I Want
Bitter End
Bulletproof Cupid
Nancy Boy
36 Degrees

Or if you don't know them you should get them ;)

I think you've just triggered my day into a placebo marathon :p

[edit] and I've just got Meds off iTunes now as well, w00. I only had the single of Infra-red so far recently

Ahh, so thats where Pierrot the Clown comes from. I am going to have to kheel my friend who didn't tell me a new album was out. argh :p

Last edited:
Yeah Meds is an awesome album, if you like that you should like the album Without You I'm Nothing, it's really cool too. I think the lead singer Brian Molko has some sort of Scottish/American heritage but I could be wrong. Great band.

Yeah Without You I'm Nothing is a great album. The Sleeping with Ghosts special edition two CD album is pretty good too, some great covers on that.

Yea i love the cover of "Running up that hill" or whatever its called IT AMAZING...I may just go out and buy the disco...i love it soo much!!!! I didn't know they where that big, maybe im sheltered, but im a HUGE music fan and surprise didn't find this sooner!!!

Yeah Without You I'm Nothing is a great album. The Sleeping with Ghosts special edition two CD album is pretty good too, some great covers on that.

Yes! Definitely get the 2CD version if you can find it, the covers are brilliant :)

Every You Every Me was from Cruel Intentions, and is on the Without You I'm Nothing album. Awesome track, and an obvious 'inspiration' for the JJ72 track "Serpent Sky" :)

Yea i love the cover of "Running up that hill" or whatever its called IT AMAZING...I may just go out and buy the disco...i love it soo much!!!! I didn't know they where that big, maybe im sheltered, but im a HUGE music fan and surprise didn't find this sooner!!!

Yeah the "Running up that hill" cover is great. I really like the "Where is my Mind" and "Big Mouth Strikes Again" covers too being a Pixies and Smiths fan

Ooh I love Placebo, especially Pure morning, Bitter End and Every You Every Me. Was listening to Daddy Cool not long ago too
bounce.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back