picture of first computer?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
My first computer was a psion palm top, it had infra red data transfer, had no ac power option and the batteries lasted all of 15 minutes

Mine looked just like this but I forget exactly which model I had, I'm pretty sure it was this one;

psion 3mx

be fun if you guys can russle up your original axe

i have had a mx3 also, think it was in 1999 or so. My batteries lasted a lot longer if i remember correctly. I even think i have it lying around somewhere... years earlier i had a 386 pc with 512KB (!) internal memory and a 40 Mb harddisk. I think I paid around 1200 euros for it (incl monitor). Weeks later I bought a soundcard for around 250 euro's (must have been quite mad then...). Good old times, used pctools to tune the system, and played mostly an aerly flightsimulator game on it (can't remember the name of it). Was way back in the days i tought myself the basics of msdos (and there also was someting like drdos...). Still use these skills these days!

I don't have a pic, even tried googling one. My first computer was a Packard Bell 386sx33, I think 4 megs ram and a 1x cd-rom, even came with a 14.4 modem.

Last edited:
I don't have a pic, even tried googling one. My first computer was a Packard Bell 386sx33, I think 4 megs ram and a 1x cd-rom, even came with a 14.4 modem.
I remember the orginal modems had a cradle you had to place your handset on top

is that the modem you had?

i have had a mx3 also, think it was in 1999 or so. My batteries lasted a lot longer if i remember correctly. I even think i have it lying around somewhere... years earlier i had a 386 pc with 512KB (!) internal memory and a 40 Mb harddisk. I think I paid around 1200 euros for it (incl monitor). Weeks later I bought a soundcard for around 250 euro's (must have been quite mad then...). Good old times, used pctools to tune the system, and played mostly an aerly flightsimulator game on it (can't remember the name of it). Was way back in the days i tought myself the basics of msdos (and there also was someting like drdos...). Still use these skills these days!
did yours have the infra red transfer?

I'm not sure why mine went through batteries, possibly something wrong with the infra red transfer always being on or something

mm.. i dont think i have pics.. but i wonder if its hidden somewhere, maybe my sister's house

it was a 286 samsung.. cant really remember the specs
used the 5 1/4 disks but later we added a 3 1/2 one too (the common floppys) :D was soo cool hehe
i remember playing shinobi on it.. i dont even know how old i was, maybe 5 ;D

Does a Commodore 64 count?

Does in my book I had a Spectrum +2 :)

zx_spectrum_plus2-

I sold my very much loved meccano and train sets to save up the money for an original 16k Spectrum.
After doing Saturday work and saving all my pocket money, I was able to buy the extra 32k to upgrade it to the full 48k about 4 months later.
I still remember buying magazines and typing in listings to play games on it.

neep neep with the home built spectrum ZX81 ./... a joy to behold, fifteen hours of basic programming to get the bouncing pixel ...

Does a Commodore 64 count?
of course that counts

here's the adam , the first computerI thought about buying, I wanted one of those radio shack tandy things but they really couldn't do anything, the adam came pretty complete, (which actually meant it had a printer in the box and a bunch of games pre-loaded) and the cost was extremely reasonable, it was made by the same people that made the cabbage patch kids and they used that profit to go for it in the pc world, lost their fortune trying though

wound up taking a pass but that was what I wanted

check out this wiki page on the unit, you'll get a kick out of this;

Adam generated a surge of electromagnetic energy on startup, which would erase the contents of any removable media left in or near the drive.[1] Making this problem worse, some of the Coleco manuals instructed the user to put the tape in the drive before turning the computer on; presumably these were printed before the issue was known.[1]

tee hee

Last edited:
I sold my very much loved meccano and train sets to save up the money for an original 16k Spectrum.
After doing Saturday work and saving all my pocket money, I was able to buy the extra 32k to upgrade it to the full 48k about 4 months later.
I still remember buying magazines and typing in listings to play games on it.
surprised you sold that, you gave up quite a bit to own it, does it have legacy value?

I know the adam has a cult following and conventions just like the trekies.

Last edited:
I sold the 48k spectrum to upgrade to the Spectrum +2.
This was a 128k spectrum with 3 channel sound chip (the same one put into the Atari ST I believe), a proper keyboard (not the rubbery dead flesh one of the previous model) and a built in cassette deck for loading/saving.

This was sold a few years later to buy my Amiga A500, then PCs etc

oh, and legacy value, they sell for £30 on ebay, but I don't think I could dig one out on a wet weekend to play with it.
It would be too frustrating. I fire up an emulator from time to time though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back