• mini cooper

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • mercedes c230

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • saturn sky

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Re: help me pick my new ride

The mercedes isn't what its cracked up to be, look at the number. 230, a 2.3 litre 4 cylinder...
Even though the sky and solstice don't have much under the hood i like their styling.
Also at the end of the summer, a supercharged sky is coming out which will knock your socks off (supposedly).

The Mini Cooper S is also a neat little car, very speedy as well.

Id say:

1st: Supercharged Sky
2nd: Mini Cooper S
3rd: Sky
4th: Solstice
5th: Mini
6th: Mercedes
Yay!
Thats pretty much the car i chose for you :)

I said the SuperCharged Sky, but this one is the same, if not better, congrats :)

I wish they'd bring the AWD skyline to the states sooner than 2010 or whenever they plan to bring it.

In my opinion there aren't many cars who can compete with the JDM. The starion/conquest came out in the mid 80's and was ahead of it's time with the ohc i/c turbo setup. Then the Galant vr4 was released as the foundation for the upcoming Evo in the 80's as well.

What was the USDM doing at that time? Still building large torque applications with a 1:2 effeciency rating in comparison to a JDM car. 200hp v8 vs 200hp I4 is a no-brainer. Especially since each motor still has room to release a few more ponies with BPU before rings, cranks, and simple stage clutch upgrades begin to fail all over the place.

Saturn/Pontiac should stick to family cars with ugly bodylines like the grand am/prix/g6 and worry more about keeping their high safety ratings rather than trying to appeal to a younger market. The only people they will attract is early 30's to mid 50's individuals who weren't raised around American Muscle or haven't discovered the realm of the 90's/00's JDM.

You have 12 second Evo's/Sti's with 300hp or less. A LS2 GTO won't run as fast and has significantly more HP.

If you want a real crazy car, check out the new Benz AMG with 500+hp and runs 10's all day.

Last edited:
Come pick me up... I'll be waiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back