Permission denied to shared My Documents on network :(

V

vladg

Hi. I shared several folders, including My Documents, to access them from another computer on home network (also XP). All work except My Documents :( For another user on that same machine there is no such a problem - his docs shared ok (different share name, of course). Anyone saw something similar?

Are you using NTFS? If so, the NTFS permissions may be locking that directory down regardless of the share permissions.

Folders like Windows, anything inside Documents and Settings, and sometimes Program Files are locked out permanently for security reasons. In order to access them, enter the username and password on the XP box for the user into the other comtputer's Client For MS Networks logon screen (95/98) or create an identical account on the other machine for NT/2000/XP and log in using that. Then the user will have the approiate rights on the computer to access the My Documents

JJB6486

thanks for the replies. i actually tried to share my wife's documents from my login session. once I did it from her session, all worked out!

Vlad

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back