• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PC 2 Telephone

W

WiredBrain

I'm on broadband (384/128) and live in Malaysia. I'm interested to call from my computer to a telephone. Any info e.g. software and requirements that I need to know?

W

WiredBrain

Is there a difference between the free and paid version? By the way, how is the voice quality e.g. clear ?

S

sacred2nite

You could get a normal 56K voice modem and then connect that to the phone part of your DSL filter. That way you would just pay your phone companies charges.

W

WiredBrain

Originally posted by sacred2nite
You could get a normal 56K voice modem and then connect that to the phone part of your DSL filter. That way you would just pay your phone companies charges.

Sorry. I don't really understand it. Couldn't I just use my ADSL modem?

why not just use teamspeak? as long as the person on the other end has it installed, it'll work! and it's free!

get it here

works great with dialup, cable, adsl, dsl...whatever your connection is.

I

i_pedal

I downloaded a number of Net2Phone type apps that charged to connect and then saw that MS Messenger had that capability.
I connect to a computer that would be long distance, in the same state, apparently w/o dialing a number or area code, they just had to be running Messenger, and had a real-time conversation. Isn't that the same thing? Do the other NetPhone apps do anything differently?
thanks,
bill g

hmmm, i know you can dial into someone's phone if you replace isp phone number with telephone number of person you are calling. but, you'd need a program that would allow you to speak to them through your computer.

roger wilco and teamspeak are so easy to d/l, install and get running. i'd pick either one and keep it simple. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies