• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paths in posts

yoyo

I know this has been addressed before, but still I'd like to ask whether it will sometimes be possible to post a reg file, a boot.ini or simply a file path without the lines getting hacked into what seems to be random pieces?
It should be possible to post stuff like that on a tech forum correctly, shouldn't it?

Some examples

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer

C:\UTILITIES\DelayStart\delayexec.exe "C:\Program Files\MailWasher\MailWasher.exe" 4

;)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
sorry I missed this one use the "code" tag

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

yoyo

Hi EP, thanks for the reply,

no other idea what would cause this? Searched for other vbulletin boards and found some where it is working. This one for example.
Seems to be a problem with formatting very long words without spaces in it. First thought it were the backslashes, but that's not the problem.

As a workaround I will keep attaching such files as .txt and explain how to rename them.

Cheers :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814