Page Transitions?

M

Mike89

There is a feature in IE 6 where when moving from one internet page to another, the one you are in fades out and the one you are going to fades in.

For some reason this doesn't happen on my system (XP Pro). I remember one particular time it did happen and I went, "whoa that's pretty cool looking".

I have tried both checking and unchecking the "enable page transitions' in internet options but it makes no difference.

The pages still just jump to each other rather than fade out and fade in.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Mike89 : i didnt even know it existed ...

can you tell me more im interested .... and no i havent got it to work either.

It is not and internet explorer option. it is an option that has to be coded into the page, it is turned on by html, I do not believe there is a way to make it happen all the time. my friend runs a graphics site and when you click arrows to go through his pics there are random transitions from page to page.

So you can just start requesting sites use it heheh

Well maybe when I did see it work that one time, it was the website that was doing it.

Reading the page transitions explanation in internet options does say this option enables pages to fade in and fade out.

I think that feature just allows the DHTML code to use transitions in your browser. Try going to DynamicDrive , there you have a whole section with page transitions and example pages. Try it with the option checked and unchecked...

Greetz

L

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back