P4PE Question+DDR

• Thread starter -[xs]-mirage
  • Start date
X

-[xs]-mirage

Asus P4PE/GBL/SATA/1394 Socket 47 - A friend wants to buy this mobo from Directron.com.

It is said that the mobo supports DDR-2700. But i had the idea it could run DDR-3000 or 3200. Is this possible???

Also... This is what hes Planning (if it helps):

P4 = 2.53 Ghz
Asus P4PE
Audigy 2
Gf4 128MB (VIVO)
Pioneer A04
Dual Diamond Max 9 -60 Gigs
Enermax Whisper Active 433W
and Swiftech watercooling kit.

Any ideas for him?

Thanks guys. I will send him your replies.

PEACE :cool:

Yes, this mobo will run 3000 and 3200 ram, it will allow him to run his ram at higher speeds, especially useful when overclocking (i'm assuming he will be with that watercooling) and running better dividers. Or even having this ram can allow him to run at the 2700 speeds at good timings if he wishes to do so.

Nice system though :)

I've got that mobo and am running pc-3200 ram and it runs it fine. The mobo has an additional setting to run the ram @ 388mhz instead of 333mhz on the stock fsb. But you can easily o/c the fsb and get mhz much higher.

Shweedish!

Hey thanks mate.

That helps a lot!! I was wondering (personal inquiry) if he could push the 3ghz mark with the watercooling and the faster ram.

I was thinking about 3.1 or 3.0 100% stable.

What do you think?

Cheers!

If you look at the overclock database at www.cpudatabase.com you'll see that a couple of people have got to 3.2 with water cooling. I'd say he's got a pretty good chance of achieving between 2.9 and 3.1 stable with a bit of voltage, depending on the chip.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back