overclocking the 1.2ghz celeron

A

ajsx15

ok i am the kid that wanted to overclock the celeron 1.2 ghz, well i found something, beings my bios is locked or something and i cant change the fsb speed, i was wondering if changed the jumper setting to configure would help, look at this page to see what i mean

http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/2514753/251475313.shtml

post what you find out.

Just cleaned 'er up a little bit mate. Lonman
btw, you can edit/delete your own posts

looking at that page, i don't think that will do much for you. can you get into the bios normally or do you need to use that jumper? i don't think it'll let you change any multipliers or anything, but you can put it on 'configure' and give it a try and see what it does.

yeah i can get in the bios with the normal setting, but cant change anything

since i'm sure your desperate by now, go ahead and put the jumper on pins 2-3 and see what the 'maintenence menu' lets you do. just might strike gold.

yeah thats what i am going to do. i will post how it works out.

no luck at all, all that does it reset some password and some creditduals or something

sorry to hear. guess you'll just have to wait til your warranty runs out so you can try to get a modified bios. }:\

i was thinking, i was able to get my processor temp to about 70-75 degress Farenhite, would i have any proformance increase.

umm, no. heat does not make anything faster in a computer. on the contrary, if anything. so please stop trying to torture your cpu and let it stay cool.

no i mean get the temperature DOWN To that temperate. cuz my temp is really high now. i meant 70-75degress FARENHITE.

temperature wouldn't really affect speed... and 70°F is not hot at all... that should be right around your ambient temperature, actually.

yeah but i am saying if i got my temp DOWN to 70 degress FARENHITE from the 104 degress FARENHITE it is at now. if there would be any slight proformance increase.

"performance" well the only thing you well get is a more stable pc it will run smoother and last longer but as for performace in speed increase nope, sorry bud your pc wont let you go no higher.

see cooling is a must when overclocking bc your temps will get real high, and that can cause the pc to become unstable and crash or it will just burn out the processor. either way its no good.
but if you want to cool your pc down thats cool you will get more reliablity out of it in the long run.:D

dont u have to join the L1 bridges on the chip to enable overclocking? sure u do on that chip

but his bios won't let him choose a multiplier anyway... so joining the L1 bridges won't do anything for him.

On my motherboard the multiplier can only be adjusted my jumper settings on the mobo. If your bios wont let you adjust the fsb setting there are progs you can download that can do this, I use stepeasy by qdi. FastFsb is another good prog

anyone know where i can get FastFsb or SpeedEasy? let me know. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back