outlook 2000 compatible with 2003?

greggustin

OSNN Addict
I upgraded my desktop to 2003
and still have my legal version of office 2000 in the box
Just built a new laptop
if I load the office 2000 on the Laptop
will it be compatible with 2003 PST and contact folders?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
That's a tough question. The PST is converted when going from 2000 to 2003. I don't know if you will be able to open it with 2000 once it has been converted.

Backup the PST and give it a try.

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
if you are using outlook 2000 on windows 2003 it will work if you are using outllook 2003 you can use the 2000 PST, i believe the PST on outllook and outlook 2003 are the same but outlook 2003 has a bigger size limit, max the PST can be on 2003 is 20gb

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Wow, there was a Windows 2003 version? ;)

Outlook 2003 created a new PST type that supports Unicode, and is not backwards compatible. If you can view the .PST within Outlook 2003 and have the desire to view it in Office 2000, you need to create a .PST in the old format, then copy all your files from the new to the old. See this for more info:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011190371033.aspx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR