OSX: Isolate audio sources like vista volume

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Is there any way to control individual audio sources in OSX Leapard.

For instance when i am capturing a tape in fcp and listening to a radio station, i'd like to turn down the volume on fcp only, so i dont hear the volume as its capturing..

any help on this?

Thanks

Audio Hijack is the best thing as you can just have it hijack the audio from a specific application. Not tried silencing one app while listening to another though.

Audio Hijack is the best thing as you can just have it hijack the audio from a specific application. Not tried silencing one app while listening to another though.

yeah i dont want to record, i just need to silence one sound... surely the mac cant be behind the 8 ball with vista on sound?

There is unfortunately no individual volumes per applications. So yes, Mac OS X is not up to par with Windows Vista.

Just tried it - it does let you mute or set a different volume for each application without recording.

Out of curiosity does fcp not let you turn its volume down at all? I mean there's no "System" manager for controlling the volume levels of every app you have or are running, but surely even in Vista every app has its own volume slider/control as part of its UI somewhere.

fcp doesn't quite work that way when capturing, its really only an issue with capturing hd material as it insists on making you listen to the sound, but recording sd, you can turn off the audio preview.

ok so i downloaded this and it works, its a little finicky in that i need to have fcp launched by the program, but it works, thanks....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back