OSX I do not heart you right now....

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Ok so OS X Leopard is being a bitch.... i'd like to pimp slap my os if possible... does anyone know of an app where you can pimp slap your osx?

Ok seriously though, i copied a whole bunch of .m2t files to a folder on one of my internal 1tb drives ( the drive is fine), i had issues copying these files, but eventually my extreme pimp stare won out.

The issue now though is that i cannot move the files or rename them. i ran repair permissions. i've checked the files individual permissions i my account is set to read/write and still i have this issue.

If i try to move the files all the folders move, but the files do not, stranger still is the window that shows you the moving progress does not appear, all the files together are about 40gbs.

Any advice would be really helpful... thanks

p.s. i attached a screen of my mac, the specs, the permissions etc....

Attachments

• mymacscreen.jpg
    mymacscreen.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 156
while I have no clue about osx I do know when I enjoyed a post

reps

guessing the repair permissions thing does the standard chmod 777 (or 755) and chgrp/chown thing ?

You could always do chmod 777 /path/to/folder/*

and see if that allows you to do stuff with the files i tend to do the /* bit till it tells me there are no more folders

Try unmounting and remounting the hard drive, and or restarting Mac OS X. I have no idea as to what is going on here.

Also, check console.app for any obvious errors in the log files.

try "ls -lOh" in the directory where the files are in Terminal. It could be some file flags have been set which are causing issues.

ok i'll try all those things, although i think you are all wrong especially carpo, he is always wrong.... :)

ok i tried geffy's thing first, here is a screen grab of it, i see nothing wrong here.

guessing the repair permissions thing does the standard chmod 777 (or 755) and chgrp/chown thing ?

You could always do chmod 777 /path/to/folder/*

and see if that allows you to do stuff with the files i tend to do the /* bit till it tells me there are no more folders

if i do that with a folder higher up, will all the folders within the destination be affected also or just the folder? hope that makes sense.

for instance if i do chmod 777 to galleria, galleria also has multiple folders and files in it, wil they all be affected as well, which is what i want to happen?

Try unmounting and remounting the hard drive, and or restarting Mac OS X. I have no idea as to what is going on here.

Also, check console.app for any obvious errors in the log files.

i've restarted no joy, i'll try unmounting and remounting, but uploading stuff right now, will do so after..... thanks for the help guys...

Attachments

• perms.jpg
    perms.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 134
ok well its even worse, because now i cannot copy anything to the server, it just copies the folders with nothing in them...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back