OSNN up and down?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Have there been a couple of outages today? The site was unreachable earlier today, and then again just a few minutes ago. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
me had one db prob about two hours before your post - but my post still got through, just page came back saying maybe db busy... is that the kind of thing you mean? Or was it 404's?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Yeah, we have rebuilt various bits and bobs.
If you didn't know we have recently taken on what is left of inmatrix.com which brought (and is bringing us) more traffic than we normally get.

A good stress test, if a little unexpected. It's all good tho, once these bloody servers are setup thats it :)

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
It may not be related to OSNN.net, but I suspect an internet backbone knacked or something. I am having problems reaching overseas websites this entire day (including Spammers Paradise, CNN.com etc). I don't have any problems with Dutch websites, so I suspect it's the entire internet.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Well we were knocked down at around 6pm BST for a little while

X-Istence

Political User
Server is handling load fine now, bit higher load averages, but it will survive :).

Also, the internet backbones are still being shifted around glaanie, so that might be true.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I didn't know about inmatrix.com. That was nice of you EP. :)

Xie

- geek -
I heard reports a bit ago that most of OSDN network (ie. Slashdot, SourceForge, ThinkGeek) was down.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Ok, well it is back up for the time being and we are monitoring it.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Xie, prob mean't X-istence.
Self-pimpage is banned at OSNN.
I am great. (hehe)

ming

OSNN Advanced
erm.. EP/mods/smods/admins... why are you moving threads such as this to the fixed section when the problem has not actually been fixed? Another great example would be the OSNN time thread that I posted a while back. The time on this forum is still lagging behind by 1hr.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Sh*t.. I take that back.. sorry. just noticed the clocked has been put right. :p

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Didn't realise the time had been fixed myself :p - I guess it is a small manual workaround until php 4.36 is sorted.

As for this problem, well we thought we had it fixed. And now hopefully we really do!

Xie

- geek -
Electronic Punk said:
Xie, prob mean't X-istence.
Self-pimpage is banned at OSNN.
I am great. (hehe)
Self-pimpage all the way! :D

was really talking about X-istence though and was to lazy to type it all cuz dinner was ready :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plesuvius