OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: [finishing] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway

1) I'd probably end up filling the newly freed space with piles of papers, honestly.

2) When I upgrade my PC, I tend to reuse parts for as long as they're useful, which is why I'm still using a 17" CRT. If I win this, I'll probably give the CRT to my mother, who's using a lower-quality CRT.

I tweeted this here: Twitter / Andrew: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

i tweeted your tweet and follow you @roswello
Twitter / stacey dempsey: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

with all the free space i would finally be able to set up my home office supplies which are now mostly in boxes on the floor and my teenagers would have the supplies they needed at hand when doing homework , how nice it would be, we live in a small space so this would be ideal for us not to mention that my system is badly out of date and we are in dire need of an upgrade , what an upgrade this would be !!
the only thing i know how to do to make my pc greener is we always turn it off when not in use , i have never had any other pc's than this one so i havent had to recycle anything yet, i just keep this one maintained as good as possible so that it lasts as long as it can, if i got a new one this one would become the teens so still would be used, if it dies i will recycle all i can .

I am a new member and retweeted this! (@2sic2mooov)

Twitter / eileen richter: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1. We'd love to free up some space by replacing our conventional PC with the Lenovo by getting rid of our horrible particle board and formica desk and getting a foosball table for our teens!

2. When we upgrade our PC and components we donate to other family members or turn them in to our area American store. My husband is a software guy so he tends to use parts from some PC's to use for others.

thanks for the chance...I am so lucky Twitter friends showed me this one! (THANKS Stacey & D!)

I tweeted Twitter / Larry H: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1. I need the extra space very badly. When our second child was born, I had to convert my home office into a nursery. I do a lot of work from home and need a desktop computer. Unfortunately, I don't have room for my current desktop and cannot afford a mountable all-in-one this year. However, win or lose this giveaway, I will keep the Lenovo in mind for my next purchase.

2. There is an electronics recycling center close to my my house that I have used several times. They refurbish what they can and recycle what they cannot. I also upgrade my old computer equipment by adding memory and cards several times before trading in for a newer model.

I tweeted the contest Twitter / swisspotluck: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC?
I will surely just end up filling it up with random paper, mail, office supplies, etc... But occasionally I will do an inspirational clean up and gaze in awe at all the open space before me.

2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC?
I haven't much thought about making my PC greener. I try to turn it off when not in use. I did recycle all the packaging that was okay to recycle. I imagine if in upgrading there were options that were greener, I would surely factor that into my purchasing decision.

Good luck all

Retweeted: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway of the Lenovo A70z is now live! [starting] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway - OSNN Forum #A70z #OSNN

1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC.

More space in the work place is what I'm going for. The clutter-free look would contribute to the look of professionalism and efficiency that I want to impart.

2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC?

My computer screen goes black after 1 minute, I always shut everything down if leaving the office, and pc replaced parts get recycled and reused wherever possible.

retweeted Twitter / Deb Anderson: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

I type manuscripts from handwritten notes and space is always at a premium. Being able to hang this on the wall would surely allow me to be more productive with less clutter.

I use the sleep/hibernate mode a lot more now than I used to.

Tweeted: Twitter / T: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) Currently my desk is cluttered with too many papers, tapes, books and other office supplies. With the A70z I was thinking organizing my desk so that I have less paper to deal with and contribute to a more eco friendly desktop environment. It also helps get rid of additional clutter such as filing cabinets.

2) I'd make my PC greener by adjusting the power settings to shut off the screen after a minute and putting the computer in hibernation/sleep in 15 minutes. When upgrading my PC I pay extra to get it properly recycled and buy eco friendly parts.

1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC.

With the free space gained I can finally make that home made Mother's Day card that I've dreamed about.

I would use a smart power bar and shut off all my devices when not in use

1. An advantage of this lenovo is that it combines monitor and pc mainframe into one. So practically it means i will get extra space under my computer table. I will use it to store media storage, etc.
2. I follow basic rules - leave computer on only when using it. Most of the time it is in hibernating mode so consuming no power.

I have also twitted.

Tweet: Twitter / Colleen M Cole: he OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and ...

Free Space: Truthfully, an extra cat will find it's way on to the desk - although I would prefer to have some nice organizational files on my desk, but the cats will win in the end...

Green: I have my PC plugged into a power bar that senses when I turn it off, and it powers down all the peripherals for me at the same time. It is an awesome (no effort) way to conserve energy!

Thanks for hosting this contest!

1. I would actually be able to have my printer on my desk instead of inconveniently on the floor where the dogs chew on the cords!
2. I always make sure to shut my computer down AND unplug all electronics when i leave the house. Damn power suckers!

I would have room (at last) for a pair of speakers and a bowl of Cheetos.

I unplug all my computers and peripherals when I leave the house, even if it's for an hour or two. This saves me molar and cuts back on power usage.

@mjgroesbeck

thanks for the opportunity to win.

Tweeted:
Twitter / LINDA DOWDY: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

Actually, my grown daughter would get the computer to use in her last year of college. She’s without a pc at the present and either uses computer at the library or comes to my house and uses mine. The fact that the A70z is so compact, she would probably be able to utilize it at the kitchen bar enabling her to stay abreast of everything else going on in the household while doing her assignments.

2) how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using your PC?
I set my pc to best utilize power-management features (standby, hibernation and shut-down) to accommodate multiple levels of activity at appropriate times of the day and never use screen savers.

Tweeted: Twitter / LeesaWho?: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1. I'd take my coffee table back. Right now it's an embarrassing pile of cables and computer components.

2. I turn my computer off at the power strip at night and use the power saving features during the day.

1) with all the free space, i can put my schoolwork and bills and reports on my table, and put my printer on my table where i work. right now i use a seperate table for those things and it really takes a lot of space.

2)To make my PC greener, i would use hiberrnation mode or turn off the pc when not in use (like at night or when i'm out of the house/workplace). This will save lots of energy.

1) I'd rapidly fill the space back up with USB gadgets and toys to help my creativity.
2) If I win this I'll stay in the green mode by killing it's power at the plug when I'm not using it. Currently using a laptop as main computer and keep it greener by only having the battery plugged in and charging if I plan to take it on the road.

- I retweeted as Kashmir2. The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway of the Lenovo A70z is now live! [starting] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway - OSNN Forum #A70z #OSNN
- I would use the extra space for a great, stackable in & out box that I saw at HomeSense and also for a couple family photos.
- I set my computer to sleep after 10 minutes and I love the idea of the Lenovo computer coming in a reusable shopping bag...how green is that, no mounds of styrofoam, plastic and cardboard!!!

I did tweet and retweeted...but I'm not sure if I did it correctly as I don't seem to have the same wording as the others...check mine out...honestly, I did do it!!

I wouldn't do anything with all the space I'd gain using the Lenovo A70z. I'd leave it be, so that I'd actually have some breathing room at my desk.

When upgrading my PC I try to make sure that all my compenents get reused or if not possible recycled. I try to make sure to select a PC that is power smart from a company that reduces waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back