OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Once again, thanks to Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo, it is competition time at OSNN and we are delighted to give one of our lucky US/Canadian members a brand new Lenovo A70z all-in-one PC.

logo.png

Jewelzz was lucky enough to review one of these PCs and you can read her review here: http://www.osnn.net/general-hardware/100222-lenovo-thinkcentre-a70z.html

The competition is simple and open to any members from the US or Canada, all you have to do is the following:
  • Reply to this post letting me know:
    1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC.
    2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC?

Please note that new members may find their first post moderated, a feature used here at OSNN in an effort to curb spam, the team will be authorising these posts regularly.

The winner will need to give me details such as email address, real name and address and these will be treated with the utmost respect and only given to Ivy Worldwide so your prize can be shipped to you.

The competition will run for the next five days ending on the 23rd July and is limited to one entry per IP address/household and I will select the winner that meets the above.

Should you feel that the competition is a little too much, but want one of these PCs you can find more information from Lenovo here: Lenovo - Desktop computers - ThinkCentre A70z All-in-one PC - Features

Good luck!

Last edited:
re: [finishing] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway

I just tweeted Twitter / lloyd: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC.

I would use the reclaimed desk space as additional work area. I'm an aspiring graphics designer, so I do a lot of sketching. Right now I don't have a lot of space on my desk so that means I have to draw somewhere else, which isn't very efficient when my references or inspiration is on the computer.

2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC?

I already stick to some green habits when it comes to using my PC. I have a switch box that lets me eliminate" zombie" current--the power draw that devices switched "off" use when they are actually on standby. I set my screen to turn off in one minute of inactivity, no screen saver, and use the power saving scheme by default, only using performance when I need the boost in performance.

Good Luck Everyone :)

I retweeted - Twitter / Deanna: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) The question is not what I WOULD do with all the free space I gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC, but what I WOULD NOT do. Currently my desk is cluttered with a monitor, phone and speakers. All three frequently get knocked off of the desk, but fortunately there is a wall that keeps them from falling too far. ;)

2) I try to make my PC greener by setting the sleep mode to a 2 minute idle time and the shut off mode to a 5 minute idle time, shutting it down at night/when I'm done as well as the monitor and printer.

retweet: Twitter / kingsleyeze1: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) Honestly speaking, I'm more likely to give this computer to my sisters. They'd have much more room for their homework, Facebooking, and whatever else teeny boppers do. This would be a speedy upgrade over what they're currently using. I'm currently content with my laptop.

2) Making my PC greener? Uh, I use suspend if I'll be away from my computer for more than 30 minutes. Also, I'd rather throw Linux on an old computer and give it away, rather than dumping the thing.

Retweeted: Michael (admiralmichael) on Twitter

I would definitely love the extra desk space and minimalist feel to my desk. I would enjoy more room to do things like fixing computers, do paperwork, and also enjoy the simpleness to my layout.

With a conventional PC there are wires upon wires that need to be run, this can cause an eye sore if not taken care. I have been wanting to size down my current desktop as it is somewhat large and the space it takes up is wasted since smaller components do exist.

I have been slowly converting over to a more greener setup. I have started to use features like sleep mode and CPU throttling as well as buying components like lower wattage CPUs, more power efficient power supplies and Western Digital's green hard drives.

Also, at night or when I am no longer using my computer I either shut it off (in the case of my desktop) or put it to sleep (laptop).

The space I would free up by winning this Lenovo A70z would be used just for that. Free space. My space is so cluttered with cables, towers and such, having an all in one would be a dream. To keep it as green as possible I use the most power efficent power settings and turn it off when not is use.

Tweet

I'll use it to pile more junk in, to be honest... my desk is the graveyard of useless crap.

I honestly have no idea how I could make my PC greener... I guess I won't throw it out when I win this one! :)

I will be using for media streaming and accessing Internet TV

I use power saving features of the o/s.

Tweeted Here: Twitter / SV: AbsolutelyWindows is givin ...

My Plan is to use the Lenovo PC as a low-power music streaming system, and I would use the additional room for an audio setup, most likely a DAC, Headphone Amplifier and perhaps a pair of Sennheiser HD800 Headphones.

In terms of making my PC greener, I have been buying more green components that use less power, like Western Digital's Green Hard Drives, a Trendnet Green switch that powers down when not in use, and also an Intel SSD that also consumes less power than a regular hard drive. I have also been trying to buy low-power CPUs like the Intel Atom for systems that don't require much to run.
Also, I try to use a PC for at least 4-5 years, and I don't continually upgrade. Also, even when I upgrade, I try to find some use for the old system, rather than throw it in a landfill.

Thanks for the contest.

Once again, thanks to Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo, it is competition time at OSNN and we are delighted to give one of our lucky US/Canadian members a brand new Lenovo A70z all-in-one PC.

logo.png

Jewelzz was lucky enough to review one of these PCs and you can read her review here: http://www.osnn.net/general-hardware/100222-lenovo-thinkcentre-a70z.html

The competition is simple and open to any members from the US or Canada, all you have to do is the following:

Please note that new members may find their first post moderated, a feature used here at OSNN in an effort to curb spam, the team will be authorising these posts regularly.

The winner will need to give me details such as email address, real name and address and these will be treated with the utmost respect and only given to Ivy Worldwide so your prize can be shipped to you.

The competition will run for the next five days ending on the 23rd July and is limited to one entry per IP address/household and I will select the winner that meets the above.

Should you feel that the competition is a little too much, but want one of these PCs you can find more information from Lenovo here: Lenovo - Desktop computers - ThinkCentre A70z All-in-one PC - Features

Good luck!
If I win, I'd give this computer to my kids, and they would use the extra space for homework. Their computer takes up the whole stinkin' desk!

We've greened up their current system by replacing the old CRT with an LCD, and by training the kids to tun the monitor completely off instead of allowing it to sit in sleep mode.

I would use the space to spread out my schoolwork: books, binders etc.

I am environmentally conscious (and cheap) in not upgrading my computer in the last four years, hence my entry...

I would make the room I am currently using for my computers a guest room and move that small Lenovo A70z into the rec room.

I currently only buy refurbished, computers, cellphone, electronics in general. wait six months and you can save a ton of money. Plus you are not adding any more plastic, or other components. to the environment.

1: I would make the computer room a guest room and move the Lenovo A70z into the rec room, and reconnect with my family.

2: I currently only buy refurbished electronics, you save a ton of money and you are not adding to the landfill.

I tweeted the giveaway - https://twitter.com/justcuzz/status/18962952142
1) I would use the extra desk space currently devoured by my huge CRT monitor to house a small photo printer.
2) Disgracefully, I do nothing to make my PC greener and I hardly ever shut the damn thing off, too! :tired

I tweeted here

1. The extra space I reclaimed on my desk would make it easier for me to use the computer for studying and coursework. It's hard for me to have more than one piece of paper on the desk if i'm using the computer.

2. I like the idea of this computer coming in a reusable shopping bag instead of yards of plastic. I encourage other manufacturers to follow suit.

I tweeted with my user name @makeetis
I would probably put some pictures on the stand and maybe a candle to make it look pretty..lol
To make the pc greener-I just shut it off when not in use.
When I do have to upgrade my pc's, I give them to my cousin who recycles them by using the parts for someone else computer when he fixes them. Like sometimes he will use the monitor for another computer that the monitor can't be fixed (like he did with my last one).

retweet: Twitter / Jennifer Wu: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC?
I would be able to have more studying space when I study like for my SATs, and have more room for school and club projects. When my parents come in and ask me for help, they would have more desk area to write down the information on the computer screen instead of hunching their backs down to write on their laps. It would be easier to organize my desk, too.

I currently set my power saving options on "Power saver" mode, and I would turn off my computer every two hours to three hours so that the computer can rest,and I put my computer on sleep when I have to go somewhere while downloading a big file or if I am away for 10 minutes, and it shuts down when I am away for 30. With my old computer, I would donate it to a school or company that helps people that need a computer, get one instead of tossing it away.

tweeted: Twitter / slehan: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...
1. I will have room for the cat to sit where she isn't in my way.
2. I use a surge protector to turn everything off when I'm not actively using it. My last two computers are Energy Star and I use the energy saving defaults.
Thanks for the contest.

Contest Tweet: Twitter / Dee N: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

The extra space would come in handy for my college student daughter. More room for study materials in a small area is a plus. I really appreciate the wall hanging feature also for more room.

We are very concerned about conserving when using any electronics. We use energy efficient modes or unplug when we aren't using them. Also, we donate older computers for others to continue to use and often we pass parts on as well.

Thanks for the giveaway. It's a nice opportunity... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back