What host should we use?

• ESPN

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't disagree with you - but those people who have the good keepers also have no penalty for keeping them (i.e. how long or a draft pick loss) - so other people get hurt as a result.

Stay tuned :)

OK guys - if you haven't noticed already I have cleared all rosters and this will no longer be a keeper league. Next item on the docket is the draft. Looking back, we did it on August 30th last year. That may be tough because I think a lot of people go away that last weekend of August. As a result, I propose Sunday August 22nd at 8PM CST (9 EST) - I think that is the same time as last year. The draft is currently set this way, and can be changed for any objections/problems if needed.
I would also like to SUGGEST a few scoring lineup changes:
Change Bench spots to 5 (current is 6)
Change WR spots to 2 (current is 3)
Change bonuses from 2 pts (i.e. 300+ yards passing, 100+ rush, etc) to 5 points
Change passing TDs from 6 points to 4
Eliminte bonuses for receiving, rushing and passing for long TDs (currently adds 1 point)
Kicking changes - not posting current, but here are what I suggest as new:
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards -1
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1
Defensive changes, not posting current, but suggested new :
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 20
Points Allowed 1-6 points 15
Points Allowed 7-13 points 10
Points Allowed 14-20 points 5
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -5
Points Allowed 35+ points -10
Majority rules on these scoring changes - since we have 12 members I'd like to get at least 5 votes (so one vote would swing). My vote is for, so that's 1-0. I will give this time to digest and make changes before the draft. Thanks all, let us know your comments in either the forum or the message board here.

May I suggest that we should have the draft the first or second week of Pre-season football??

I like the idea of a re-draft... Also a list of ALL current versus PROPOSED changes listed here would be great... I dont know about you all, but I have a spreadhseet and it makes a huge difference when picking players at what time...

Thanks!

Mike A!

May I suggest that we should have the draft the first or second week of Pre-season football??

I like the idea of a re-draft... Also a list of ALL current versus PROPOSED changes listed here would be great... I dont know about you all, but I have a spreadhseet and it makes a huge difference when picking players at what time...

Thanks!

Mike A!

Or you could show some initiative and go to the site and compare ;)

Draft Order:
Lawmen
Team Madness
Ni!
Vishnu
Franco's
Mexico's Comeback tour
Kitty
Necessary Roughness
Mean Machine
Failcopter

I'll see if I can get a table together of old vs proposed scoring changes. My initial view is I'm okay with most the changes with my major objection being the bonuses going to 5 points seems too much to me. Maybe an alternative would be to do a sliding scale on the bonuses like, 2 points for 100-120 yards rushing, 3 points for 120-150 yards, 4 points for 150+ yards and something similiar for receiving yards

I'll see if I can get a table together of old vs proposed scoring changes. My initial view is I'm okay with most the changes with my major objection being the bonuses going to 5 points seems too much to me. Maybe an alternative would be to do a sliding scale on the bonuses like, 2 points for 100-120 yards rushing, 3 points for 120-150 yards, 4 points for 150+ yards and something similiar for receiving yards

I think your sliding scale is a fair compromise.

So was there a FINAL Draft date that was decided?

Thanks!

Mike A!

Any opinions on either way for the changes? Any objection to the draft date/time?

As if our opinions count? :rolleyes:

Heh, time frame 4 da draft is cool. Everything else... errrrr, ummmm... Can I get back 2 u on dat? :p

As if our opinions count? :rolleyes:

Heh, time frame 4 da draft is cool. Everything else... errrrr, ummmm... Can I get back 2 u on dat? :p

Of course you do Mr. Nads - if not enough people want the changes I won't make any :)

I have added two extra league spots per request. If they aren't filled by the draft, or if only one of the spots is filled, we will go back to 10 and the 11th team will be kicked out.
Also, since we haven't really had much opinion one way or another, I'm going to go ahead and make the scoring changes.
Draft is on for 9PM EST this Sunday the 22nd. Good luck to all!

I have added two extra league spots per request. If they aren't filled by the draft, or if only one of the spots is filled, we will go back to 10 and the 11th team will be kicked out.
Also, since we haven't really had much opinion one way or another, I'm going to go ahead and make the scoring changes.
Draft is on for 9PM EST this Sunday the 22nd. Good luck to all!

Soooo, basically these spots are for Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

Young? :suprised: Well thank you.

So how's da wife? She let you out to play every so often? :D

Haha yes she does - things are great just busy with the two young ones. Life is always interesting :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back