OpenOffice.org for OS X (Without X11) :D

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
From /.
An anonymous reader writes "Nearly 6 years after announcing a Mac port, OpenOffice.org has released the first release of OpenOffice.org for Mac OS X that can finally run without X11!! An alpha is available for download today, but a lot of help is still needed to make OpenOffice.org available for Mac OS X. The site is very blunt: 'WARNING: THIS SOFTWARE MAY CRASH AND MAY DESTROY YOUR DATA DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE FOR REAL WORK IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT. This is an alpha test version so that developers and users can find out what works and not, and make comments on how to improve it.' Currently missing functionality includes printing, pdf export, copy/pasting, and multiple monitors. That said, if you're interested in participating you can visit the Mac team to figure out how you can help today."
Get it here: http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/aqua.html

what do mac users "usually" use for word processing, spreadsheets, etc?

MS Office:Mac

Copy and Paste still does not work, when hitting space, the cursor does not move over, so it felt weird typing for it.

How about some screen captures? I'm yet to install it :)

WARNING: THIS SOFTWARE MAY CRASH AND MAY DESTROY YOUR DATA DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE FOR REAL WORK IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT

:eek:

OMGZ !!! They've invented the Death Star.

Is this in anyway better than NeoOffice? Or does it not warrant me changing?

Is this in anyway better than NeoOffice? Or does it not warrant me changing?

This is pre-ALPHA software, not it is not better than NeoOffice in any way shape or form, YET. I can see a lot of potential for this software, since it will be OpenOffice.Org in native form instead of being half emulated through Java and or other means. It will have the look and feel of a real Mac OS X program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back