Open tabs

X-Istence

Political Access
I was just about to head to bed, after a long day of research, interviews and fencing club, and almost closed all of my windows with all of my tabs in them.

1 days research means I have opened 22 tabs on further reading I still have to do. I have asked Google more than 150+ questions, and opened 52 pages.

What does your browser look like at the end of the day? Is everything closed? Or do you also keep all kinds of tabs open for further reading?

Interested in seeing what other people have open :).

Usually I close open apps then I put my laptop to sleep. The odd time I will leave Firefox open if I want to continue looking for something the next day, otherwise I may forget.

I usually open tabs and then minimise the window and open a new browser window when I'm on a differant topic, minimize and open a new window again

i always end up with a thousand open tabs after a while, when im lookin for info on something

after im pretty much done with the subject i just close firefox and start all over ;D but yeah, i know what u mean

I at all times have 8 tabs open. Then through browsing and doing stuff, 2-8 more tabs would be open from time to time.

By the end of a typical day, I'll have 4 or 5 browser windows open each with about 10-15 tabs or more.

Similar to X, I'll leave tabs/windows open for later reading

I usually have one window open per subject that I'm reading about. Each window can have anywhere from 1 - 15 tabs open at a given time. At the end of an average day I usually only have one or two windows open with a few tabs each, unless I'm in the middle of something major that I'm researching.

While I tend to organise by what I am researching, I also find that sometimes it becomes to cumbersome because there are too many tabs open in one single window. So I've started opening more windows and drilling down from one project to pieces of a project.

This morning alone I came back to my computer with 5 windows, each with an average of 14 tabs still open. I've learned a lot though!

I do the same thing X.. When starting a new topic, I open a new window and keep tabs associated with that topic in that window..

usually, if I am doing research, I will have quit a few tabs open. Then at the end of the day I will save the session so I can come back to it the next day ..

usually, if I am doing research, I will have quit a few tabs open. Then at the end of the day I will save the session so I can come back to it the next day ..

Safari doesn't have a way to save the session, besides my computer is on 24/7 anyway as such leaving the tabs open is much easier.

I'm still looking for a better way to do research though. I am looking for an organiser of sorts that can keep the URL's for me, let me tag them, and let me add notes to each of the research so I can write little reminders to myself. I have not yet found a piece of software that is good for that sort of thing on Mac OS X, or Windows. So I guess I will have to keep looking.

I have 43 tabs open right now ... will stay that way (a few will close when done w/ them) till computer needs a reboot. Browser stays open 24/7 ... minimized when not in use though.

Safari doesn't have a way to save the session, besides my computer is on 24/7 anyway as such leaving the tabs open is much easier.

I'm still looking for a better way to do research though. I am looking for an organiser of sorts that can keep the URL's for me, let me tag them, and let me add notes to each of the research so I can write little reminders to myself. I have not yet found a piece of software that is good for that sort of thing on Mac OS X, or Windows. So I guess I will have to keep looking.

That is one of the things I like about the tabmixplus extension for firefox ... :)

Don't have to save it in IE8 as you can just open a tab then click.

Attachments

• session.JPG
    session.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 124
Same can be done with Safari. History -> Reopen All Windows from Last Session

But, if you forget to do so and start browsing and then close the browser again, you lose that session.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back