• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

online gaming

J

jamespond

Im trying to play mohaa on gamespy arcade but i cant, the problem is this:

game loads in and starts ok i connect to the server everythings fine till the game starts. when i press fire nothing happens untill about 20 seconds after then my gun will fire.also if i press forward ill move forward the n it stops by itself moves back to the original position waits and then moves forward.Im connected by modem.

R

RobbieSan

Try connecting to a server via MoHAA's built in browser. You will probably get a better ping that way.

R

Resonance

Actually, ping is just the back and forth calculation. Latency is actually going to the server, the server "processing" the data, then spitting the info back at you.

I have not use GS arcade for years. I have been relly impressed with the All Seeing Eye .

It works great when you use the unregistered version, but for a little $ you can get actual pings, instead of calculated and an improved buddy finder. All in all its a quality server browser. Most importantly, no spam, no popups, no infantile chatrooms...

R

Resonance

One more thing, after rereading your post. It sounds like you are suffering from packet loss. That game had a life span of 1 week for me, so I don't remember and varables, but is there a netgraph or lag-o-meter option in the config ( the on in the actual directory, not ingame) Try setting a value to "1" if there is. If its a netgraph, see if you have packet loss. If its a lagometer, I think packetloss is red? If your getting this, its a connection problem. To find out where the problem is, open the comand prompt and type in : tracert ip ( where ip is the actual server ip you are connecting to). It should give you a list of "hops" and times they take. If you get a few with high times, paste it to an emails and send it to your ISP. Could be a switching/routing problem.

And also, make sure your rates are adjusted to the correct modem. Don't have it set to cable if you have a dial-up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn