• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Older Chaintech Mobo Help Please

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Hiyaz,

I got a free pc of my aunt the other day its a P3 500Mhz, 256mb PC100 Ram, 15GB HD, Voodoo 3, Soundblaster PCI not bad for free,

I didn't relise it was 100mhz clock until i put 133 memory in it, it broke windows a bit, but that wos before i was going to format it so it didn't matter,

Anyway, I have like 90 something meg of 66mhz ram in my old pc the mobo supports 66mhz clock, will it be compatible with the 100 mhz?

EDIT: The Mobo is a Chaintech 6BTM I think - so the manual says.
Its made by Evesham Vale

Cheers,

SkaZZy:D

The CPU FSB speed and the memory speed isn't the same thing. The 133 MHz memory should run fine at 100 MHz in that mobo. 66 MHz memory won't run at 100 MHz however. Perhaps the card can run 66 MHz memory (at 66 MHz) as well though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix