• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Old Game - Wheel of Time

L

lurker2100

I'm trying to get an old game running on my new system. I never finished the game and would like to revisit it. The problem is that I can't get it to run. I've got WinXP Pro, AIW9700, 512MB of Ram, Cat. 3.1, DirextX9. I've installed the two patches listed on the Wheel of Time website. I've also tried contacting their tech support. They've been worthless. Anyone have any insights? Thanks in advance

L

lurker2100

Yup, sorry. Should've explained better. :D

When I try to run it I get an error like such:
Wot.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

For more information about this error, click here.

Standard XP error.

I have tried compatibility mode with no luck.

L

lurker2100

Haven't been able to get even that far. There is a shortcut for a "safe mode" but that generates the same error.

L

lurker2100

Well I figured it out. Thanks for your help anyway. It was so stupid. It's a 2 disc game and if you try to load it with the first disc in, it generates that error message. So I blame them for crappy programming and me for not trying the 2nd disc sooner! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge