• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OK Work this one out!

W

Welsh

Hello peps can anyone work this one out for me please??
Everytime i click a link on a webpage it doesn't work untill i click stop, then refresh.
Whats going on?
It happens on every website i go to, i click a link,it doesn't work, i click stop then the action cancelled page comes up,then i click refresh and the link works!

I've tried resetting my browser but nothing seems to stop it from happening.

Please help.
Thanks

L

lechtard

call your ISP and ask them - It sounds like the delay times are off, it could be there end.

W

Welsh

No it's definately IE cause i just installed another browser and the links worked fine but i want to use IE not any other browser.

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
I have the exact same problem with IE + NTFS.org + 56k modem. However, Firebirs works fine. Cleaning out temp files continuously is annoying - I switched browsers.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
Originally posted by coathanger007
I have the exact same problem with IE + NTFS.org + 56k modem. However, Firebirs works fine. Cleaning out temp files continuously is annoying - I switched browsers.

Thats why in the tools /options you can have it delete the temp files on exit :)

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
I have that enabled but it doesn't solve the problem. Problem occurs during the session hence the continual manual emptying before exiting.

Somewhere in the IE menus is an option to use page info from memory or update it on every visit.

They recommend setting it to use from memory for 56k connections. Find that setting and change it to update on every visit. I'll go looking for it again. They seem to have moved it...

Tools-internet options-general-(temp internet files section)-settings check the top box.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
You could try the ultimate IE fix. Open the command prompt, and type each of these in one at a time. Press <Enter> after each entry.

regsvr32
urlmon.dll
actxprxy.dll
shdocvw.dll
msjava.dll
oleaut32.dll
mshtml.dll
browseui.dll
shell32.dll

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Originally posted by muzikool
You could try the ultimate IE fix. Open the command prompt, and type each of these in one at a time. Press <Enter> after each entry.

regsvr32
urlmon.dll
actxprxy.dll
shdocvw.dll
msjava.dll
oleaut32.dll
mshtml.dll
browseui.dll
shell32.dll
what does this do?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
This fixes various IE problems. It is included in Microsoft's Knowledge Base... articles 281679 and 326815. Read one of those articles for further explanation. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi