• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Oem Xp

Smokie

A Proud Australian
Can someone tell me if I can use a OEM full copy of XP Home that is licenced for the Philippines in Australia?

The packet is still sealed and has never been used.

Smokie

A Proud Australian
Ok, thanks, that's all I wanted to know.

madmatt, you can take it to Antartica if you want but to cold for my liking. Oz will do me :D

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
Only on new pc's because it's on a hidden partition of your hard drive. My old pc came with an oem win 98 cd and I could put that on any pc I wanted. One thing to look out for when your bying a new pc. If it says you get a 80 gig hard drive with it you can bet in reality it's only around 75 as result of this.

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
OEM opperateing systems will work on any system
i used to use an OEM version of XP Pro and had no problems running it on my pc that came with win98. OEM o/s are allways cheeper than the retial ones my XP Pro Full version cost me £130 inc nextday delivery

P

pacou

I agree with surge no problem if the oem don't modified
xp. you see that and the information system ( microsoft picture )
the secure of xp it's the register only.
regards.

V

vdubVR6

OEM is not any diffrent,just not in a pretty wraper and its just a disk(s) that DELL, or any other computer manu. gets to place on there systems, thats why it must be sold or given with a PC or somekind of system hardware(even though thats not completly legit)

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
NO NO Smokie it won't work. Microsoft will pick up the changed location & melt your system. [Smokie stop reading HERE.]

(Now for rest of you. Of course it will work but we have enough migrants here now.) :p

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Smokie - it will never work down under - it is a "Home" version which only works up here (where Bill Gates lives) - so send it to me!

For Sale - OEM XP Home edition - never used - will not work "down under for bald headed men";) ;)

Smokie

A Proud Australian
Just to clarify something. The OEM I have is in a sealed packet and was bought from a computer store. It has never been used on any machine at all.

I have used an OEM 98SE in Australia without any problems on 3 different machines, but was just checking to see if the XP would work outside of the Philippines.

Hipster, I aint no migrant, I have a piece of paper that says that I am an Orstralyen..besides I have probably lived in Oz longer than you :)

Damnyank, sorry mate but I couldn't sell it to you. If it can't work "down under for bald headed men" I am sure it couldn't work for an old, big eared fugly like you. I just wouldn't be able to sleep at nights if I thought I had ripped you off. But then again, if you want to pay me a big heap of money for it, I might just consider it :D

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Smokie - I never said I was gonna pay U 4 it - I said send it and I will sell it!:D

BTW - what is an Orstalyen - I guess Hipster knows and an old fugly with big ears and a lot of hair, like me, is left out of the joke!;) ;)

Smokie

A Proud Australian
I made a rare typo Damnyank..it should have been Orstralyen

Americans used to think that we said Orstralya (isn't that somewhere near Germany was the next question) But I must admit that with some Aussie's it does sound like that.

Fair crack of the whip mate, I'm from Orstralya ya know :D

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Posted by Smokie
I made a rare typo Damnyank..it should have been Orstralyen

Americans used to think that we said Orstralya (isn't that somewhere near Germany was the next question) But I must admit that with some Aussie's it does sound like that.

Fair crack of the whip mate, I'm from Orstralya ya know :D
I am so sorry Smokie - maybe there is something wrong with me - I should have caught on to the phonetic spelling - God I can not believe I missed that - I usually try to do my best - I must just be having a bad night (yes it is 8 PM here)

Smokie and Kerrie - please forgive me - I didn't mean to make us "senior members" of the forum look like we were slow catching on!:confused: :confused:

Smokie

A Proud Australian
8 PM, that must be well past your bedtime Damnyank old fella.

But me being not only good looking but a straight out nice bloke, I forgive you for your little oversight. Please don't let it happen again as we more "senior and experienced" members do have a reputation to think about.

I don't know what the reputation we have is, but we still have to maintain it no matter what.

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Smokie - I got a PM notification - but there is no PM for me.

If it is important - could you e-mail it to me at damnyank@hotmail.com ?

BTW - I will be gone until later tonight - going 100 miles up the road for a bowling tournament!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies