OEM Hardware

D

Dlovely

What are your opinions on purchasing OEM hardware such as HD's etc... Im considering buying a WD special edition HD and for the price you can't beat it but what about it being reliable?

U

ultraviolet7

i buy a lot of OEM hardware and i've never run into the quality being any different than the retail version.

G

Gouk

OEM hardware is usually in no fancy packaging and comes with no software

I personally go for OEM stuff coz its cheap and if you know what your doing, you wont need instructions or the out-of-date driver cds you get with retail stuff.

in the case of cpu's, oem cpu's come without a stock hsf (well amd anyway)

D

Dlovely

Ya i figured with a hard drive OEM you can't really go wrong considering i dont need fancy packaging to hook one up etc... i could see not buying OEM when it comes to mobo's or cpu's but the other stuff is pretty much straight forward. I knew it was products meant for new PC's but never understood how it could be distributed by so many people considering its not in the original PC it was intended for.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut