• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NTLDR Repair!!Despair....

Hi,my XPHome keeps coming up with NTLDR is missing, has done it twice,had to re-install,I have tried to do a fix from the 'recovery console' but it will not accept my admin.password,even though it IS correct!!Apparently there is a Microsoft 'fix' for this, Q308402. But I cannot find it,does anyone know how to fix this?or I am into endless re-installs.Thanks.

yoyo

Just a remark concerning recovery console. You are sure you are using the correct password? The inbuilt Administrator account and the account with administrative rights you are using are not the same.
If you are not concerned about security, make this change in the registry and the recovery console will no longer ask for a password

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Setup\RecoveryConsole
SecurityLevel REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

Thanks....

OK,I have made that change,thanks a lot.Hope I never need it,by the way my boot CD drive is 'G' what does it change to when booting from CD, as it never tells me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage