November Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
speedy, most of the values are hidden, but I didn't want to hide the username/password with a default value because then people might complain about bad security =| then they would yell at me, then they would make me feel bad, then I would eat cookies and get fat. =|

but I didn't think about the 'always signed in' tip. good call. def. worth a try for anyone who uses Hotmail.

Yeah i can understand that you wouldnt want to suggest it in the guide as a default setting. it was just a sort of after thought i had while reading about the login and looking at screenies, obviously you dont want to leave your password openly available to anyone clever enough to right click....

Perhaps just leaving the value of the user name pre-filled and hidden then only having a password box showing ... less is more ;) ;)

finally nearly finished me new desktop.... im dutch, so it had to be orange... :)

using Y'z dock with some icons i converted to png files...wallpaper... found somewhere on the web... http://wallpaper.home.pages.de???
icons... mixture... dont know... theme is called "mandarin" found on themexp.org

regards

dworn

Looks nice.. and bright :D
how 'bout adding some active desktop elements ? :p

well, i thought of it... but right now, i can only work on my pc in the evening or at 5 o'clock in the morning... and since i am married, i think for both occasions i should rather do something else then tweaking my desktop ;-)

but i will work on it...

SPeedY_B - Coffee Addict

SPeedY_B HTML.DESKTOP v0.4.6
Woop, updated again. Changes since last one are :
  1. Made Right Panels Lighter
  2. Added Texture to boxes
  3. Added the 4 news feeds
  4. Aligned Links text/pics better
    [/list=1]

All's well :)

Very Impressive SPeedY . . mind sharing the scripts and html codes for those news ticklers ??

The news tickers are iframe'd php (so each can be refreshed seperately and variables dont clash :D ) so they require a webserver to be used.
I will upload the code and post links here at some point tommorow tho (need to sort the files about first)

chris, you need to make one :) , or have you still got that one with the sections?

i still got it.. but i get bored too easy and when i come up with a decent lookin design i get bored and go back to xp green :/

Posted by SPeedY_B
The news tickers are iframe'd php (so each can be refreshed seperately and variables dont clash :D ) so they require a webserver to be used.
I will upload the code and post links here at some point tommorow tho (need to sort the files about first)

SPeedY_B . . thanking you in advance . .
Does it still needs a server if we only use it one at a time?
I am thinking of 3 separate activedesktop and change them manually thru a link.

Yeah, its basically 4 PHP files, each has the same code but with different news sources

On my desktop, har har har :p
Just uploaded the code here for all to see.

Before everyone goes stealing it i think i should mention that i originaly got the backend parsing php code from mdsalih from these forums so i can't take any credit for the creation of it.

way too advance for me . . guess just need to wait untill someone comes up with non server version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back