• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Norton Antivirus 2005

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Looks very similar of course but claims it can invisibly deal with Trojans / Worms when you recieve mail without any hassle - haven't recieved any yet (woo!) so haven't seen it in action.

Liveupdate now grabs virus definitions and worm protection signature updates.

One foible so far, if you remove the Norton Antivirus 2004 program group from the start menu it says it cannot find required files and says a reinstall is required. A bit crap as I like to keep my start menu nice and tidy... not greatly important, but a small problem non-the-less - hopefully it will be addressed :)

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Electronic Punk said:
One foible so far, if you remove the Norton Antivirus 2004 program group from the start menu it says it cannot find required files and says a reinstall is required. A bit crap as I like to keep my start menu nice and tidy... not greatly important, but a small problem non-the-less - hopefully it will be addressed :)
check the registry, my Norton Ghost 2003 will do the same thing if you move the start menu folders without editting a registry entry to point to the new path.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Fine so far.
Tho, it might be preventing Counter-strike: Source from working.
Couldn't connect to servers then NAV let me know that something was trying to connect to my computer like a worm would... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't confirm that it was NAV2005 yet tho, I will try and test it tonight.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
It does have a service called Firewall detector so I guess it can integrate, but I can't see any kind of firewall options. I guess it is just more proactive at worm prevention and using it's signatures can attempt to guess what this traffic is, obviously going to have a few false positives as it is early on, and CS:S is a beta product anyway.

Electronic Punk said:
It does have a service called Firewall detector so I guess it can integrate, but I can't see any kind of firewall options. I guess it is just more proactive at worm prevention and using it's signatures can attempt to guess what this traffic is, obviously going to have a few false positives as it is early on, and CS:S is a beta product anyway.
Sounds like its going to cause even more overhead.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies