Normalizer

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Joined
16 Mar 2002
Messages
4,722
Does anyone out there know if there is a program out there that acts as a global volume normailizer (automatic gain control)?
 
I don't think there is any way to do this (could be wrong thou) I know you can get apps to normalise your mp3's and stuff, but normalising on the fly would be hard as it doesn't know the max volume of the file/sound.
 
heh, I asked about this awhile ago, seems there's no such thing though. What is it in particular you're getting a big volume discrepancy in? For me winamp would be at one level and half life was quite a few decibels above it. I just turned down the volume level in half life itself and its better, so maybe there are internal controls you can change for the programs that are outlandishly loud (or quiet), otherwise, good luck!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
62,021
Messages
673,242
Members
5,642
Latest member
osipov
Back
Top