nForce2 memory

K

krmanning

I'm in the process of putting together a computer with a Leadtek K7NCR18D-Pro (nForce2) motherboard. There are 3 DIMM slots, arranged with 1 and 2 together, and 3 a little sepatated. I've got 2 sticks of 128MB PC2700 DDR memory. How do I need to arrange the memory sticks to get optimal memory performance from this motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by krmanning
I'm in the process of putting together a computer with a Leadtek K7NCR18D-Pro (nForce2) motherboard. There are 3 DIMM slots, arranged with 1 and 2 together, and 3 a little sepatated. I've got 2 sticks of 128MB PC2700 DDR memory. How do I need to arrange the memory sticks to get optimal memory performance from this motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

to get best performance... put 1 stick in dimm slot 1... and one in dimm slot 3 (the separate one)

this will give you the optimum performance of dual channel ddr :)

you can check most websites that benchmark and this is the recommended way :)

and i'm sure the manual that came with your board goes over that topic.

nice board, btw.

Actually its not in the users manual. I looked all over, in detail. That's why I asked here.

Originally posted by krmanning
Actually its not in the users manual. I looked all over, in detail. That's why I asked here.

just do what I suggested and you will be fine...

and yes you are right... the owner manual may not tell you the optimum slots to use in order to utilise dual channel... you will have to use one slot from the 2 that are together and the slot that is apart from them... like I suggested...

for OPTIMUM performance you will be using the 1st dram bank and the 3rd dram bank..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back