New Toy

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
im1072791196.jpg

Yay! Finally got myself a nice MP3 Player :D
Not being able to affot (or actually locate) an iPod, I got what I thought is the next best thing.
Now I'm begining to think its just the best thing.

40GB Hard Disc Memory
iRiver H140 (iHP-140) comes with a 40GB built in hard disc drive, which delivers music for up to 1400 hours.

16 Hours Playtime
Listen to your favorite music for up to 16 hours using the player's rechargeable Li-Polymer battery.

Supports MP3, WMA, ASF, WAV & Ogg Vorbis
With Multi-Codec playback the player not only supports MP3 files but also WMA, Windows Media Audio, ASF, Ogg Vorbis and 11/22/44KHz, 16bit, Mono/Stereo WAV files.

Firmware Upgradeable
Upgrade the player for future fileformats such as AAC or implement further new/improved features.

4 Line Display
H140 (iHP-140) comes with a 4 line display remote with an easy to use and innovative menusystem. Can also be operated using the navi button on the player.

FM Radio
FM Radio with the possibility to save up to 20 of your favorite radiostations.

Microphone/Dictaphone
Built in microphone/dictaphone that can be used as a pocket memory.

Record From Microphone/Dictaphone to MP3
Record straight from the player's microphone/dictaphone straight to MP3, using a bit rate from 40kbps up to 320kbps.

20mW Outeffect
iRiver's focus on soundquality with very good hard and software gives the player superior sound with a loud outeffect.

Digital Optical-in/out, analogue-in/out & Mic-in
H140 (iHP-140) is packed with in and out features. Plug in an external soundsystem to the players optical or analogue sockets. With H140 (iHP-140) you now have the ability to plug-in an external mic, when you're in need of those highquality recordings.

SRS 3D Sound Support
H140 (iHP-140) provides SRS (Sound Retrieval System), a 3D sound technology of SRS Labs, Inc. You can experience various sound effects with SRS, SRS WOW & TRUEBASS.

ID3 Tag Info Support
Reads all types of ID3 tags, V1. V2.0, 3.0 & 4.0.

Transport Files; .txt, .doc, .jpg, .avi etc.
Use the player as a portable memory and transport files between the job, school and your home.

WinAmp .m3u Playlist Support
The H140 (iHP-140) has the ability to read WinAmp's playlist files, .m3u.

Supports .txt Files
You can read text files on H140 (iHP-140)'s 8 line LCD. While listening to music you can read novles, important memos etc.

Supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP & Mac
H140 (iHP-140) works under the biggest OS environments.

Real Time MP3 Encoding
Record straight to MP3 using the players optical or analog line-in feature or from the microphone/dictaphone. Bit rate quality from 40kbps up to 320kbps.

38 Different Language Support; Swedish, English
Configure your player so it shows the ID3 tag in the correct way.

6 Different EQ Settings
Supports 6 Equalizer patterns. Normal, Rock, Jazz, Classic, U-bass and one User EQ.

Works as an External Memory
The player shows as an external harddrive directly under Explorer on your PC. No installation needed (Windows 98 needs installation).

(God Bless Ctrl+c Ctrl+v :p )

BIG BUCKS :eek: I was looking at those puppies last week and came to the conclusion that I just really dont need one :( Man I hate being a "Grown Up".

That's what I want. I think it's so much better than the ipod. #1 reason: Drag and drop, no iTunes BS.

Question though... How is the FM tuner?

Wow, congrats man! It's a great player.
w00t.gif

Features-wise, it's actually better than the iPod if you compare the two. Better battery life as well. Most people tend to lean towards the iPod for it's design, but if you think about it practically...the black/silver design of these alternate players is much less prone to visible blemishes than the white surface of the Pod.
Again, very nice. I'm sure it must be great to play with.
wink.gif

Very nice Benny, you'll love being able to take that much music with you everywhere you go :D

The FM radio is nice, it works, and you can record on the fly which is also nice (only in the 140 model so far, the 120 dosn't support this).
As for the price, well I managed to take advantage of the unstable russian echonomy and get it for less then 400$ :D
I think it beats the price of a 40gb iPod.

I have to agree its not the prettiest thing I ever seen, but it looks good enough for it to be in my pocket :p

Sweet, that looks very desirable. Like the light-blue glow on the remote as well :)

I've seen these puppies in my store, but haven't had the time to play with it. The specs are good, but the price... a little too high for me. I'll stick to my 32 MB Packard Bell Audio Key :p

Wow! That's really nice :)
Congratulations!

As soon as i find one on ebay for 50 quid, its mine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back