New iMac

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
It's the same as before, with more metal and less thickness.

/me slaps self on head

And it's just as limited in upgrade choices as before.

Besides, am I the only one who thinks the keyboard design is not ergonomic and will likely feel as numb as the apple notebooks keyboards?

I am all for the "thin is better" mantra, but this just seems a little daft. Tactile feel is very important.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
The new keyboard looks nice too, looks like the MacBook keyboard which I just love. Man the new wireless ones too, now one of them be mighty tempting

Sazar: My laptop keyboard has plenty of tactile feedback. Though I've never really cared all that much about tactile feedback so long as something works.

Last edited:

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
After reading the new specs on it. I am going to purchase one for sure. It looks beautiful. waiting to see if the mac mini changed.

The mini has been refreshed, by the way.

It has a Core 2 Duo processor, memory up to 2GB and a hard drive up to 160GB.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
Muzi :D See, the mini has been "refreshed" and we have a "new" iMac :smoker:

:D

Geffy, I type a LOT for work and for my business administration classes, so for me, having good tactile feedback is very, very important ;)

I'll have to play around with the keyboard and see if it is mushy or if it is a decent setup.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Muzi :D See, the mini has been "refreshed" and we have a "new" iMac :smoker:

There is no design change in the mini, so it's a refresh. The iMac has significant design changes inside and out, so it's a whole new generation.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Funny how they need Intel to boost it up and, dare I say, make it more competitive. Oooo, it's sooo pretty outside. But it's brains are not Apple's any more. Oh the shame of it all.

Who's brain did I put in? Abby Someone. Abby Someone? Abby Normal... !?!?! You're telling me...

You can remember the rest. :p

X-Istence

Political Access
Ehm, it was never Apple's "brains". Remember, the G4, G5 and others were all IBM's PowerPC line.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
and the powerPC processors are actually exceptional processors. They had some issues with power and heat and ramping to higher clock speeds which is what drove Apple to the x86 architecture.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Yeah, I still love IBM's PowerPC processors -- Apple has never made its own processors, by the way. I have a G5 tower and it has been excellent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR