Never Forget

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
sept11sig.png

U know.... as much as i hate to say it (or.... more like as much as people probably hate me for saying it)...... i'm getting pretty freakin tired of hearing about it. Still remember after it happened, when dumb ol' GW's standin there saying "Today is a day we will never forget". OF COURSE it's a day we won't forget, because NOBODY ever STOPS reminding everybody about it. I mean what the hell's going to happen on 9/11/11? Is there gonna be an all-you-can-eat buffet celebration at Ground Zero for the 10th anniversary of the tragedy that took place?

I'm not saying that i don't care about what happened..... but seriously.... there are people who had friends and loved ones who died during the events of 9/11.... quite possibly without ever having a chance to say goodbye. I'm pretty sure they don't really NEED the constant reminder of what happened either.

We still have remembrance day for the end of WW1 and 2 here in europe. I believe there should be a commemorative day for this as well.

The mindset that everyone should belt up about 11/9 is misguided at best.

U know.... as much as i hate to say it (or.... more like as much as people probably hate me for saying it)...... i'm getting pretty freakin tired of hearing about it. Still remember after it happened, when dumb ol' GW's standin there saying "Today is a day we will never forget". OF COURSE it's a day we won't forget, because NOBODY ever STOPS reminding everybody about it. I mean what the hell's going to happen on 9/11/11? Is there gonna be an all-you-can-eat buffet celebration at Ground Zero for the 10th anniversary of the tragedy that took place?

I'm not saying that i don't care about what happened..... but seriously.... there are people who had friends and loved ones who died during the events of 9/11.... quite possibly without ever having a chance to say goodbye. I'm pretty sure they don't really NEED the constant reminder of what happened either.

I wonder if you would feel this way if it was your family members that died that day.

American Zombie said:
I wonder if you would feel this way if it was your family members that died that day.

Really? Reminded every single year by national news, local news, radio stations, random people in stores and such that you've never seen in your life, that someone i loved died that day? I'd have thought that what i said in what you quoted would have answered that question already. Hell yes i'd feel the same way. My grandfather passed away several years ago. I don't sit around and think "Wow.... today's the day that he died". I don't even remember what year he died.... nor the day. You may think it's horrible to say or something like that.... but who in their right mind would want to dwell on something horrible that happened? You really think that children who's PARENTS died on 9/11 want to be reminded of it year after year?

Kinda like the whole "Support our troops" thing. You know what i say? Support our troops, bring them home. Are we even still in Iraq? I haven't really watched TV much for quite some time, because i got sick of hearing on the news about people in the area who were in the armed forces who were killed by an IED or something of the sort while "Supporting the cause" or "fighting for freedom" or something like that. Does anyone even still remember why troops were ORIGINALLY sent to Iraq? I sure as hell can't remember the flow of things. First i remember the whole thing with Bin Laden being somewhere in Afghanistan...... Then i think there was something about him possibly being in Iraq..... then there was some BS about WMD's being in Iraq.... and from there it's just gone more and more astray than ever. But guess who i don't remember hearing about in AGES! Bin Laden. WTF happened to the idea of finding him? Did the US Government decide to give up on that, but create a cover for some other crap just because they felt like it was due time to bomb something?

I think some of our stand up comedians pegged this country better than anybody.

The late George Carlin said back in 1992:

"We're a war like people. We like war because we're good at it. You know why we're good at it? Because we get a lot of practice. This country is only 200 years old and already we've had 10 major wars. We average a major war every 20 years, SO WE'RE GOOD AT IT! And it's a good thing we are, cause we're not any good at anything else anymore. Can't build a decent car, Can't make a TV set or a VCR worth a f*ck. Got no steel industry left, can't educate our young people, can't get healthcare to our old people, but we can bomb the sh*t outta your country alright!"

Or for a more recent, YOUNGER comic..... Christopher Titus (back when Bush was still in office)....

"And now we're spending $400,000,000 on a war to help Iraq, and the Iraqi's seem so appreciative, don't they? How do you explain that to your children? "Well, sweety, in some cultures blowing up innocent people with a pinto means "Thanks for the Freedom!"""

"And my daughter's 5 now and she keeps asking me questions. I dunno what to tell her. (non-relevant bit). What? Why is there war? Ok, this war right here is because we proved that there were weapons of mass destr..stru.... Ok, this war is because we proved that Saddam was directly connected to nine ele..vuh..... Well at least the war only lasted six muh..... come here. Gas better get cheap pretty effin fast. You guys get that right? Our president is a texas oil man, and we're paying $3 a gallon? We're f*ckin retarded."

I think politicians should start listening to what comedians are saying. Maybe they'll get a rough idea of where they should stop screwing sh*t up all the time.

This thread was created to pay tributes to those who lost their lives, and that we should not forget them.

It was not meant to start a flame war on who what when and why. let leave it at that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back