nero XP

P

ped078

hi guys...ive been useing nero 5578 with my lite-on 24x10x32 BP drive with no probs in xp but ive upgraded to a new writer ..mirai 32x10x40 which IS supported by nero but it gets about 6% into the disk then nero gives the error message "unspecified recorder error" everytime....the same recorder works fine on my win98se partition so i know drive/soft are ok....ive even tried ez cd creator 5 platinum...same thing...ive updated my aspi layer as recommended but it's still the same...in uninstalled-reinstalled and no change...and 50% of the time clicking on nero doesnt even start the proggy...if i CTRL+ALT+DEL nero isnt there till i goto processes and there it is...clicking end task does nothing...if i try to start nero again it says "another application is using the windows burning engine" help me if u can this is drivinge me nuts :(

I dont know that drive very well... Did you change out the cables for it when you changed drives? Perhaps its a cable issue????
OR
Wonder if its an issue between XP and the drive??

wonder also if a fresh reinstall of Nero would help?

thanx for ur reply mate...ive tried unin-reinstalling nero...no help..and like i say the same setup works fine on my other partition with win98 on :( perhaps a windows update?

hi mate...like i said in my origonal post ive done all that exept updating the firmware because there isnt an update yet its too new :( also the aspicheck32.exe file included in the zip i downloaded says all aspi drivers are installed and operating correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back